List all your car movies

  • Thread starter Thread starter CyberDragon
  • 24 comments
  • 1,525 views
Messages
147
...or anthing automotive-related. Oh heck, throw motorcycles in there too.

Movies;

The Fast & The Furious (original)
The Fast & The Furious
2Fast2Furious
Gone In Sixty Seconds (remake)
Redlined
RPM
Cannonball Run
Maximum Overdrive
The Wraith
Biker Boys
Torque

Anime;

Initial D Battle 2

Docs;

Street Racing box set
Mischief #1
Street Fury: Chrome
Midnight Street Racing
 
CyberDragon
.
The Fast & The Furious
2Fast2Furious
Biker Boys
Torque

Those were way too retarded to watch more than once. I could barely stand to watch them the first time.

Good car movies: (read: car chase movies)
The italian Job (original)
any bond movie
BMW films
ronin
the bourne identity
 
This topic has been done several time before, but it's a good topic, so screw it... Some of my more favorites, that most of you often overlook, are listed below.

Bullitt
Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry
French Connection
It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Dr. No (It had three; plus other Bond flicks)
Cobra
Ronin
Bourne Identity
Romancing the Stone
Beverly Hills Cop (intro)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (I & III)
Gumball Rally
Midnight Run
American Graffitti
Blues Brothers


Movies about cars, but not necessary containing a car chase scene since this thread is about cars in movies in general.

Christine
Tucker
Grand Prix
Ferris Bueller's Day Off


Bond flicks are always good for a car or tank chase scene. One of the best Bond movies is Dr. No because it has three awesome chase scenes. But, The Man With The Golden Gun has one of the best. Can you remember the barrel roll? If not, you need to rent it. You Only Live Twice had the Toyota 2000 convertable, but the chase scene stank. But, what happened to the bad guys car was cool. *Splash!*

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry is the best, next to Bullitt which is hands-down the best car chase movie ever. Ever! Many don't even know what this movie is. Trust me, it's an amazing car chase movie.
 
Gone in 60 secondes
Too fast and too furious/2
 
CyberDragon
Docs;

Street Racing box set
Mischief #1
Street Fury: Chrome
Midnight Street Racing

You think these are documentries? That's funny because they are just a bunch of idiots who race on public roads, hell Mischief has a guy running from the police.
 
BlazinXtreme
You think these are documentries? That's funny because they are just a bunch of idiots who race on public roads, hell Mischief has a guy running from the police.
So we could classify it as Educational Documentary. :) 👍
 
Smokey and the Bandit
Smokey and the Bandit 2
Gone in 60 seconds
Fast and the Furious (gay, just my opinion)
2Fast 2Furious (gayer)
 
"Grand Prix"-James Garner, Steve McQueen
"Blues Brothers", and "Blues Brothers 2000" (added bonus of the jam session at the end with BB, Jimmie Vaughn, Travis Tritt, Johnny Lang, Charlie Musselwhite, etc.)
"The Mummy Returns"-Honestly, a double decker bus in a chase scene? Too funny.
I will second "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry"
and I will add "Vanishing Point".
"Bullitt"
 
I have:

All James Bonds (favorite car moments in Goldeneye, You Only Live Twice, Diamonds Are Forever).

The Fast and the Furious 1&2 (I actually like them).

Italian Job(2003)

Gone In 60 Seconds

Ronin

Mad Max

Driven

Best Motoring: Drift Bible

I didn't include some movies that I didn't consider an "car" movie, like Bourne Identity, Indy Jones, Starsky&Hutch, Cobra, etc.
 
Gil
"Grand Prix"-James Garner, Steve McQueen
"Blues Brothers", and "Blues Brothers 2000" (added bonus of the jam session at the end with BB, Jimmie Vaughn, Travis Tritt, Johnny Lang, Charlie Musselwhite, etc.)
"The Mummy Returns"-Honestly, a double decker bus in a chase scene? Too funny.
I will second "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry"
and I will add "Vanishing Point".
"Bullitt"
I want "Grand Prix" on DVD soooooooooo bad!!!!!!!! When are they actually releasing this movie on DVD!!!!!!!!!!! :grumpy:
BTW, is "Vanishing Point" any good? I've been curious about this movie. :)
 
Since the original poster included motorcycle movies - I will have to add this one:


FASTER
 
Fast & Furious
2Fast 2 Furious
Gone in 60 Seconds
Ronin
Italian Job
Legend of Speed
Legend of Speed 2
Mischief 3000
Tons of 360VM (Jdm Insider, Hard-Drive, On the Scene)
Tons of Best Motorings
Tons of JDM Option International Videos
 
No one here has Le Mans!? That's a classic!

~Le Mans
~Bullitt
~Gone in 60 Seconds
~Gone in 60 Seconds (Remake)
~The Italian Job
~The Italian Job (Remake)
~Smokey and the Bandit 1 & 2
~Driven
~Redlined
~BMW Films
~Grand Prix = Classic!
~Cannonball Run 3000
~Days of Thunder (?)

Whatever, its that movie with Tom Cruise racing the #42 Nascar.
 
"Christine"
Bullitt
Driven
Gone in 60 Seconds
Mad Max: The road warrior
Back to the Future
All James Bond Films
All F1 season DVD's pre-1996 :sly:

And Rick, isn't "Rolling Thunder" (as you call it) really called Wheels of Thunder? Or Daytrona Thunder? Something like that anyway, I seem to remember it being called something else.
 
PS
"Christine"
Bullitt
Driven
Gone in 60 Seconds
Mad Max: The road warrior
Back to the Future
All James Bond Films
All F1 season DVD's pre-1996 :sly:

And Rick, isn't "Rolling Thunder" (as you call it) really called Wheels of Thunder? Or Daytrona Thunder? Something like that anyway, I seem to remember it being called something else.
I don't know. Why I put that Tom Cruise in Nascar next to it.
 
:lol: "Days of Thunder"
 
the Ricer movies(Fast and furious and part two)
Best motoring- Evo empire strikes back
Best motoring- 350z attack!!
Best mortoring-Drift bible
Redline(at walmart under 10 bucks but the movie sucked)
Jackie Chan's -Thunder bolt
Initial D battle stage and fourth stage
Max Power(british Movie with Bassgasm 0-o brother bought it)
Gone in Sixty seconds
 
Gil
"Grand Prix"-James Garner, Steve McQueen
"Blues Brothers", and "Blues Brothers 2000" (added bonus of the jam session at the end with BB, Jimmie Vaughn, Travis Tritt, Johnny Lang, Charlie Musselwhite, etc.)
"The Mummy Returns"-Honestly, a double decker bus in a chase scene? Too funny.
I will second "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry"
and I will add "Vanishing Point".
"Bullitt"

I totally agree with Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry! I love that movie! It's impossible to get up here in Canada though! Even the pacing of the film is quite good for a 70's era movie. I like older stuff and can enjoy a slower pace movie but a lot of young folk today can't seem to stand it. They need their ADD movies where the camera angle changes every 0.9 seconds.

Glad to see someone else point out Vanishing point (original). If you're not a 70's movie fan (ie pace) then this movie will seem dry and somewhat slow. However the whole movie is a chase! It isn't just a scene or two it's the whole premise of the movie! 👍 I'm also a huge Mopar fan so any movie where the car is the star and it's a Mopar get's a thumbs up from me.

On the Fast and the Furious movies:

The first one was a total joke. How many actual driving sequences are there? Hardly any. It's more of a stale under cover cop movie. With horrible acting. And would someone tell me why they spent the whole movie hyping up the Charger only to bring it out for two minutes then destroy it? Yeah Chrysler was known for connecting rods letting go right? :dopey: :crazy: I don't think so.

2 fast 2 furious was a tiny bit better. At least there was more actual driving scenes in this one. And I almost stood up and cheered in the theatre during the begining of the race between the Challenger and Spyder. I love the way the dude in the spyder is making his little singer sewing machine engine wind up, thinking it sounds great. Then the dude with the Hemi Challenger revs it up and shuts the spyder guys mouth. 👍 👍

Gone in 60 seconds:

The original was way to ambitious of a project for an independant film maker and it showed. The driving scenes aren't intense enough and there is not enough of a story line projected through the movie to make it interesting either. And the colour on the Shelby? Ewww. That "Big jump" scene was repeated waaaaay to many times. Over all for an independant stab at it though, it wasn't bad.

The remake is better and actually does some convincing character development and story development. It's still not the best thing ever but it's good enough to own I thought.

EDIT:

Oh yes two others. Bullit. Dry movie. To boring. Excellent chase scene though. Love the phunky sax theme they play leading up to the actual balls out chase.

Mad Max and the Road Warrior both have some stellar car action sequences! That yellow Ford Falcon Pursuit car that smashes though the trailer in the beginning was awesome as were many other stunts in the film.

One of my favorite moments in the Road Warrior is when that motorcycle withe the side car slams into another wrecked vehicle during the last chase and the dude does like 2 summersaults past the camera! Frickin' awesome!
 
legend of speed is a great movie, too bad the subaru lost...BOOOO!!!
 
Gone in 60 seconds, The Transporter, Speed 1 and 2, Days of Thunder, Driven
 
That I own: Dukes Of Hazzard 1st Season DVD set

Smokey and the Bandit
Smokey and the Bandit II
Smokey and the Bandit 3

The Car < kinda cheesy, but It's a bada$$ looking car IMO

The Fast and the furious

BMW films

That I've seen:

All of the above (in my post)

Bullitt 👍 👍

2 fast 2 furious :yuck: those bastards wrecked a Yenko...

Torque :yuck: SOO fake!!

Gone in 60 Seconds

Ferris Beuller's day off
Mad Max
Duel
Black Dog
Driven
Days of thunder
 
My car movies:
Gone in 60 Seconds
The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious

I need to get more car movies. :)
 
Ronin, my second favorite movie of all time. Other than that, nothing much.
 
Back