List of confirmed wheels for Forza Horizon 3

United States
Massachusetts
llClaude_Speedll
BlazingSol05
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6a_wheel_support

With today’s update, we're bringing support for a number of popular wheels to the Forza franchise, in Apex and the soon to be released Forza Horizon 3. This full list:

· Logitech G27 Racing Wheel

· Logitech G25 Racing Wheel

· Logitech G29 Racing Wheel

· Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel

· Thrustmaster T300RS

· Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel

· Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel

· Thrustmaster T150

· Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel

· Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel

· Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

I think it should also be stated that the released wheel list will be for the PC version. It's practically a dead cert that only XB1 compatible wheels will work on the console version.

I'm surprised (in a good way) that even the ol' G25 is supported. I'm glad for those owners. As for me, since the 27 is supported, yay~

As excited about this as I was, there's absolutely no feeling in the wheel when driving. That is, aside from the feint tension already there because it's being fed power.

If this is what it's going to be like in FH3 I'll just stick to a pad.

As excited about this as I was, there's absolutely no feeling in the wheel when driving. That is, aside from the feint tension already there because it's being fed power.

Is it that bad? If so i wont bother trying it when i get home.

Is it that bad? If so i wont bother trying it when i get home.

It's pretty bad. There's no feedback in anything. You're solely relying on what you're seeing on screen, and even that isn't going to work out too well.

It's pretty bad. There's no feedback in anything. You're solely relying on what you're seeing on screen, and even that isn't going to work out too well.

Interesting.. i had the exact same issue (the wheel worked and steered the car fine, but there was no FFB at all), but I'm on a Fanatec CSW and since the CSW isn't in the list of officially supported wheels I figured thats why it didnt work.

Wow, I thought it was just because my Fanatec wheel was in PS3 G25 emulation mode. Your description is exactly what I felt.

I am a bit sad that my DFGT didn't make the list. However I was talking to my dad and he agreed to get me a new wheel for Christmas. I'll make do with my XBOne Elite controller until then. I'll probably buy the add-on shifter and a racing chair setup myself.

This just keeps getting better and better. Porsche making its way to Assetto Corsa, Forza Horizon 3 out in a couple of weeks, and now both Forza Apex and Horizon 3 support my G27. It's certainly a great time to be a car-nut gamer :)

HOWEVER! I just bought a new computer desk and it's glass so it doesn't hold my G27 in place. I got a wheel stand but it's still on the mail :(

That really is disappointing. I was going to finally buy my first gaming PC for this game, and was ecstatic to hear my T300 will work, but now I think I might wait for some more reviews on FFB.

@Terronium-12 I suddenly thought whether or not I had the correct drivers for a G27 wheel my Fanatec wheel emulates. I did have the latest Logitech gaming software but it appears an earlier version is required for the G27. So uninstalled the current and downloaded 5.10. That seems to have done the trick. FFB is much better, still need to tweak it but much better than what I thought initially. Worth a try for any Logitech users or Fanatec users in PS3 mode. When I tried to set the wheel in game to G27 it brought up an error to do with wrong button confit so had to make a custom wheel profile. This is probably because I'm emulating a G27 on a Fanatec wheel.

For what its worth, the FFB is actually pretty good with my TM TX - SOOO much more precise and enjoyment than the gamepad (for me, not a big gamer). I feel the curbs, shifts, traction loss (a little overdone), weight transfer, etc. I can only assume that some other wheels will improve after some tweaking/updates.

EDIT: I placed a FH3 preorder after driving Apex with a wheel. I "assume" FH3 should be as good, prefer to run on Windows 10.

Last edited:
The T300 support for Apex was quite reasonable. With drivers at 75/100/100/0/0 and in game 65% I was getting some front and rear traction feel, some weight transfer, self-aligning torque and kerbs. Not up to PC sim standards (AC or rFactor 2 as examples) but definitely playable and useable.

I assume Horizon will be similar?

There was an update to FM6:APEX today. Seems support for Fanatec CSR and Clubsport V2 where added as they are now listed in the games input options for wheel settings.

Still no DFGT, guess I'll continue using my XBOne Elite controller until I get a new wheel.

They managed to make it the worst FFB ever seen in a forza game, hope they can at least get it to Apex level but they really need to step it up a notch now they're on the PC

Right now the post-patch FFB on PC is really leaving me cold. At launch we had very reasonable off-road FFB and almost nothing on tarmac (i.e. FFB was consistent between surfaces but tuned for off-road dynamic range).

Since the patch there's now this strange syrupy feel when you drive onto tarmac which magically goes away the second your wheels hit dirt. And as I said in the FH3 Win10 thread, they added a buzzing vibration effect for any kind of grip loss on tarmac which feels horrible on the T300. Very different to the feel in Forza Apex.

And because the buzzing on tarmac is so awful, I had to turn vibration effects down which made the off-road feel much less enjoyable too. I'm currently running everything default in game except 80% forces and 10% vibrations, and not enjoying it.

This newly ruined FFB has sapped my desire to play, to be honest.

Back