LIST of probable content hidden inside late GT Concept demo builds.

• Thread starter Miskaroni
  • 2 comments
Finland
Finland
Hello everybody.

I wanted to make a list of probable content found inside the 3 known 2003 Gran Turismo Concept demos, basically to raise awareness of what important data may lie inside, especially with GT3 modding in mind. Currently the 3 GTC demos that are known to exist are Lupo Cup Demo 1 (April 2003), Lupo Cup Demo 2 (April 2003), and Subaru Simulator demo 1 (2003-05-17).

Cars
There's very likely to be a lot of unused cars hidden inside the demos, that weren't shown to the public. Something to confirm this is the fact that the latest demo of GTC we have available (Micra Demo #2, 2002-12-16) contains 5 new cars, but these cars weren't all necessarily displayed in any demos, or the Gran Turismo 4 E3 demo. The cars were the production '04 Crossfire, '03 Accord Coupe, '02 Accord Euro-R, '95 Cappuccino, and '02 147 GTA. Also, GTC added hidden cars unavailable for players throughout it's development, it's basically unknown if they were intended to appear in GTC or if they were made simply in mind for the next game. (Only the Alfa Romeo GTV has unused menu prize textures, showing it was meant to appear, thanks to @Sal_89 's findings.)
The GTC Subaru demo is very close in date to the E3 GT4 demo. Hence the E3 demo can be used as reference for what cars likely would've appeared.
Even though we don't have the E3 version of GT4 available, there are leftover gameconfigs left of it inside GT4P. This config shows us the used cars. The cars featured are the following:
• Lotus Europa Special '71
• Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69
• Nissan 240ZG (HS30) '71
• Chevrolet Camaro Z28 302 '69
• Alpine A110 1600S '73
• Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65
• Isuzu 117 Coupe '68
• Toyota COROLLA LEVIN GT-APEX (AE86) '83
• Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71
• Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept '02
• Toyota SUPRA 2.5GT Twin Turbo R '90
• Honda PRELUDE Type S '96
• Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) '91
• Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70
• Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO '64
• Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII GSR '03
• Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi (GD, Type-II) '02
• Chrysler Prowler '02
• Pontiac Vibe GT '03
• Chevrolet SSR '03
• Nissan 350Z Concept LM Race Car '02 (from GTC)
• Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race Car '01 (from GTC)
• Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car '02 (from GTC)

Quite many cars that aren't in the GTC's we have, 20 cars specifically.
But, there's something else. The GT4P Prius demo (2003-09-25) actually shows off more cars that weren't in this config.
Now, you might say that obviously it is so. The E3 demo was from mid/late May to early June, and the Prius demo was made in September. But, actually if you look at how PD worked on the PS2 titles, you can see that there was always seemingly a lack of development during summer. It would seem that they had a summer vacation for everyone on the team. I would argue that it's visible on GT2000 -> GT3 Autobacs demo, GT3 -> GTC 2001 TMV Demo, GTC 2002 Tokyo-Geneva -> GTC Micra Demo 1, and GTC Subaru/GT4 E3 -> GT4P Prius. GT3 Autobacs demo is a bit lackluster in terms of content, despite having 7+ months time difference to GT2K. Similar thing is evident with the other mentioned versions. Considering this, I believe the extra cars found in GT4P Prius may already have existed back in May/June. The extra cars found in GT4P Prius data:
• Fiat 500F '65
• Toyota PRIUS G (J) '02
• Subaru IMPREZA Rally Car '03 (confirmed to be in GTC Subaru)
• Toyota Prius G Touring Selection (J) '03

Lastly for the cars, something that has to be mentioned is the first version of GT4P retail. (2003-11-19) The reason I'm bringing up the initial GT4P retail version is that neither the GT4 E3 version & GT4P Prius version included all the cars that were added later in GTC. For example, the Lupo GTI Cup car from GTC Lupo Cup demos is nowhere to be seen, among other confirmed cars.
Because GT4P JP added a lot of cars back in, including the ones that were confirmed to exist in the older versions, there's a lot of uncertainty about which cars were actually brand new & made for GT4P, and which were ported back in from older GTC builds. Because of this, you basically have to list almost all the cars as possible GTC cars hidden inside Lupo/Subaru demos. Here's the entire car selection, with labels on cars that are confirmed as existing in older GTC versions & labels on cars I doubt were in GTC:
• Honda BEAT '91
• Honda S2000 '03
• Toyota Motor Triathlon Race Car '04 (unlikely to be in GTC)
• Mitsubishi i '03 (unlikely to be in GTC)
• Mazda RX-8 Type S '03
• Spoon Fit Race Car '03
• Suzuki CONCEPT-S2 '03 (unlikely to be in GTC)
• Mazda DEMIO SPORT '03
• Honda HSC "The 37th Tokyo Motor Show Concept Car" '03 (unlikely to be in GTC)
• Toyota ist 1.5S '02
• Toyota bB 1.5Z X Version '00
• Volkswagen Lupo GTI Cup Car (J) '03 (confirmed)
• Nissan March 12c 5door '03
• Toyota CELICA 1600GT (TA22) '70
• Subaru CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA (JGTC) '03
• Subaru LEGACY B4 3.0R '03 (confirmed?)
• Honda Odyssey '03
• Toyota WOODONE Tom's Supra (JGTC) '03
• Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70
• Mitsubishi COLT 1.5 Sport X Version '02
• Mazda KUSABI '03 (unlikely to be in GTC)
• Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR '73
• Subaru LEGACY Touring Wagon 3.0R '03 (confirmed?)
• Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec II Nür (R34) '02
• Nissan BLUEBIRD 1600 Deluxe (510) '69
• Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
• Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car '97
• Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (JGTC) '03
• Trial CELICA SS-II (ZZT231) '03
• Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (JGTC) '03
• Subaru LEGACY B4 2.0GT specB '03 (confirmed?)
• Subaru LEGACY Touring Wagon 2.0GT specB '03 (confirmed?)
• Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR Concept '03
• Nissan Fairlady Z Roadster (Z33) '03
• BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97
• NISMO Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33) '03
• Nissan SKYLINE COUPE 350GT '03

--BODY-ONLY CARS--

• ASL ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) '03
• Autobianchi A112 Abarth '79
• Citroën C5 V6 Exclusive '03
• Daihatsu Midget II D-type '98
• Daihatsu MOVE CX '95
• Fiat Panda Super i.e. '90
• Honda BALLADE SPORTS CR-X 1.5i '83
• Honda CITY Turbo II '83
• Honda CR-X SiR '90
• Honda ACCORD Coupe '88
• Honda Insight '99
• Honda N360 '67
• Honda PRELUDE SiR '96
• Honda S800 '66
• Honda TODAY G '85
• Isuzu PIAZZA XE '81
• Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car '85
• Mazda Familia Sedan Sport 20 '02
• Mazda Lantis Coupe 2000 Type R '93
• Mitsubishi ECLIPSE GT '95
• Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR '92
• Mitsubishi ECLIPSE Spyder GTS '03
• Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept '89
• Mazda BP FALKEN RX-7 (D1GP) '03
• Nissan 240RS Rally Car '85
• Nissan BLUEBIRD Rally Car (510) '69
• Nissan PRIMERA 2.0Te '90
• Nissan SILEIGHTY '98
• Nissan SKYLINE GTS-R (R31) '87
• Nissan CUBE EX (FF/CVT) '02
• Nissan March G♯ '99
• Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 Rally Car '86
• Renault 5 Maxi Turbo Rally Car '85
• Renault 5 Turbo '80
• Renault AVANTIME '02
• RUF BTR '86
• Subaru Impreza (unidentified, unique 6-spoke silver wheels, and white, silver, black, metallic blue and metallic red as colours. GT4 does not feature a car like it. Looks like a versionI Impreza.)
• Toyota CARINA ED 2.0 X 4WS '89
• Toyota CELICA XX 2800GT '81
• Toyota CELICA 2000GT-R (ST162) '86
• Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR RC (ST185) '91
• Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Super Charger '86
• Toyota COROLLA LEVIN BZ-R '98
• Toyota ARISTO 3.0V '91
• Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO BZ-R '98
• Toyota ARISTO V300 Vertex Edition '00
• TVR Cerbera Speed Six '97
• Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe (Type-1) '68
• Volkswagen Beetle 1100 Standard (Type-11) '49

Now that is a LOT of potential cars to be ported to GT3. But, if you asked me, I'd say that the body-only cars are mostly the cars that were made after GTC versions. You'd think they'd have their physics in as well if they already existed before GT4P. Of course though, we don't really know. Also, I marked all the Legacy models with "?" because I don't actually know which Legacy models we're seeing in the Subaru demos. You can probably see why already in terms of cars, it'd be crucial to gain access to the demo data. But now...

Tracks

Onto the next and last topic.
Once again, we can use the leftover GT4 E3 configs to know which courses we had at that point in time in a playable condition. The tracks are Tsukuba, New York, Grand Canyon, Fuji Speedway, & Citta di Aria.
Now, GT4 Prius actually contains a few tracks that are almost finished. We have Costa di Amalfi, Hong Kong, Las Vegas, George V Paris, & Opera Paris. I actually have a theory on these tracks. I believe that they were essentially finished tracks before GT4P. If you didn't know, there was a big style change on tracks between GTC & GT4P. We know for sure that the Lupo Demos contain the Tsukuba & Fuji Speedway tracks, and from screenshots & videos we've seen, they appear very different to the ones seen in GT4P. In GTC they were still seen with the GT3-style course design. Let's take the Opera Paris track as an example. In GT4P Prius, it looked like a GT3/GTC course, and it was nearly finished. It only had missing collision for some curbs, the pitlane wall, and some small graphical problems. But, in GT4P retail, the course already looks completely GT4-styled, but it still has the missing collisions. This prompts me to believe, because the course was already nearly finalized in GT4P Prius, that it actually was a development version of the course where they were transitioning to the GT4-style, hence the glaring errors on it. If you don't believe me that there ever was a finalized GT3-style version of Opera Paris, consider this.
The first GTC Micra demo (2002-10-03) has the following course leftover strings: assisi, fisco, grandcanyon, hongkong, lasvegas, motegi, motegi_south, newyork, paris_rally, paris_tarmac, suzuka, tsukuba, yosemite. GTC Micra #2 (2002-12-16) only has the additional string of "capri".
This means that these courses were in development already since October 2002. And by the time of 2003 April, Fuji and Tsukuba were already finished. On top of that, in May, Grand Canyon, New York, and Citta di Aria were already finished. Now consider the fact that they didn't work on anything in the summer, but still we had a nearly-finalized version of Opera Paris and some other tracks in GT4P Prius, means these courses were already in a near-finished, if not finished state in May 2003. The issues that were on the GT4P Prius versions of these courses could easily be due to them starting to "renovate" the courses to GT4 style.
So, the list of courses that I propose could exist on the late GTC demos:
• Tsukuba Circuit (confirmed, GTC Lupo 1/2)
• Fuji Speedway (confirmed, GTC Lupo 1/2)
• Grand Canyon (confirmed, GTC Subaru)
• New York (GT4 E3)
• Citta di Aria (GT4 E3)
• Hong Kong (only maybe)
• Las Vegas (only maybe)
• Opera Paris (only maybe)
• George V Paris (only maybe)
• Costa di Amalfi (only maybe)

That's a whopping 5 essentially confirmed tracks, and 5 potential additional ones. And to be honest, we really can't know what else is hiding inside. GTC had tracks that were inside never to be found again (demo_updown), and even cars, like the 350Z Razo version and Mini Cooper S Rally Car. There's so much potential inside these rare builds of the game...

And we come to the last thing I want to say.
With all this in mind, as important as this could be for GT3 modding (and even GT4), I hope people can try to play a part in spreading awareness of the important task of obtaining the data from these builds. If you know someone who has one or more of these builds (or really any other unavailable builds), reach out to them, and if you own one or more of these yourself, I beg of you to reach out.

With all that being said, I hope you had a good read. I sure had a bit of fun doing the research for this.
Oh, and, if anyone can recognize what this car is, do tell me in the comments. Appears to be Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi (GC) '94, but with 6-spoke wheels and additional colours.
QgkFdJQ.png

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
The high round spoiler is definitely version I, but the wheels are indeed different, and it has more colors? That's pretty cool actually

The high round spoiler is definitely version I, but the wheels are indeed different, and it has more colors? That's pretty cool actually
Yeah, not really sure what it's meant to be. The colours on it are really nice. I do remember seeing a video/screenshot of GT2000 that had an Impreza with similar looking wheels, though those may just have been the 5-spokes from the older Impreza.

Back