List of series where the CPUs slightly "cheat".

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 4' started by gtp_Lee, Jul 28, 2019.

1. gtp_Lee

gtp_Lee

Hello! :gtplanet:

As the thread's name implies, I'm looking for a list of events or series where the CPU have their cars tuned up at a level higher than stock, or where they use cars you cannot use (such as concept cars or tuners).

Perhaps I can also edit this message in the future to add more events; just for those who don't know which series to look out for.

• A ? indicates that it is not yet proven if the series or race contains tuned CPU cars.

List of races:

• Japanese 80s Festival. (CPU has tuned cars).
    • Speedster Trophy. (CPU has tuned cars, at a very high level).
    • 206 Cup. (CPU has tuned cars, at a very high level).
    • Supercar Festival. (CPU can use concept cars, the Cadillac Cien and the Volkswagen W12 Nardo Concept being main competitors).
    • Club RE. (? Unproven if CPU has tuned cars. For me, they certainly felt faster than normal).
    • Alpine Cup. (? Unproven if CPU has tuned cars. Perhaps it's the A310's inferiority to the A110 that causes this effect).
    • Muscle Car Championship. (? I do not remember very well; but the CPU can use the Buick Special in this championship or a verg similar one. The Special is a very powerful, tuned car).
    • Pan Euro Championship. (One of the possible CPU cars, the Motorsport Elise, is tuned to 485BHP).
    • Euro Hot Hatch League. (The CPU can use the BMW M Coupé, while you can't).
    • World Compact Car Race. (The CPU uses tuned cars).
    That's all the races I remember off the top of my head. If you can, contribute! I will usually check this thread. Thank you! :cheers:

*Edit 1: Added Muscle Car Championship.
    *Edit 2: Added Pan Euro Championship and Euro Hot Hatch League. ( Thanks to @EncounterGTR :cheers:)
    *Edit 3: Added World Compact Car Race. ( Thanks to @RonnyRace83 :cheers: )

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  2. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

I remember the "Stars of Pleidas" manufacturer series being difficult. Not sure is the AI was actually overpowered though.

3. gtp_Lee

gtp_Lee

@Cowboy Was that series in the Chevrolet hall? I don't remember it being very difficult.

4. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

Subaru ;)

5. gtp_Lee

gtp_Lee

Ah yes, I remember now. But I don't think the CPUs had tuned cars in it, more so that the Legacy and Impreza were just very similar in performance terms.

6. EncounterGTR

EncounterGTR

Found 2 races where the CPU cheat:
    • The race "Pan Euro Championship" there is a Motorsport Elise '99 that has 485hp! it's impossible to get this power output unless you use some cheats codes.
    • The race "Euro Hot Hatch League" there is a BMW M Coupe '98 a car that you can't use in that event.

7. gtp_Lee

gtp_Lee

Added these events to the list.

8. RonnyRace83

RonnyRace83

The World Compact Car Race in the Professional Hall makes use of tuned cars.

Update:

The Race of NA Sports in the Professional Hall makes use of tuned cars.

The Clubman Cup in the Professional Hall makes use of tuned cars.

The Spider & Roadster Cup in the Beginner Hall makes use of a Lotus Elise (not S or R, the original one) that is capable of pulling away on straights from a 205 hp Mazda MX-5 NA with original suspension, max weight reduction etc.

The El Capitan 200 Miles Endurance Race in the Endurance Hall makes use of tuned cars.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  9. Apprentice

Apprentice

Maybe the Polyphony Digital ran out of sports vehicles that's why they used the concept vehicles as a placeholder. In my opinion

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020