List of series where the CPUs slightly "cheat".

• Thread starter gtp_Lee
  • 9 comments
South Korea
Seoul
Hello! :gtplanet:

As the thread's name implies, I'm looking for a list of events or series where the CPU have their cars tuned up at a level higher than stock, or where they use cars you cannot use (such as concept cars or tuners).

Perhaps I can also edit this message in the future to add more events; just for those who don't know which series to look out for.

• A ? indicates that it is not yet proven if the series or race contains tuned CPU cars.

List of races:

• Japanese 80s Festival. (CPU has tuned cars).
  • Speedster Trophy. (CPU has tuned cars, at a very high level).
  • 206 Cup. (CPU has tuned cars, at a very high level).
  • Supercar Festival. (CPU can use concept cars, the Cadillac Cien and the Volkswagen W12 Nardo Concept being main competitors).
  • Club RE. (? Unproven if CPU has tuned cars. For me, they certainly felt faster than normal).
  • Alpine Cup. (? Unproven if CPU has tuned cars. Perhaps it's the A310's inferiority to the A110 that causes this effect).
  • Muscle Car Championship. (? I do not remember very well; but the CPU can use the Buick Special in this championship or a verg similar one. The Special is a very powerful, tuned car).
  • Pan Euro Championship. (One of the possible CPU cars, the Motorsport Elise, is tuned to 485BHP).
  • Euro Hot Hatch League. (The CPU can use the BMW M Coupé, while you can't).
  • World Compact Car Race. (The CPU uses tuned cars).
That's all the races I remember off the top of my head. If you can, contribute! I will usually check this thread. Thank you! :cheers:

*Edit 1: Added Muscle Car Championship.
*Edit 2: Added Pan Euro Championship and Euro Hot Hatch League. ( Thanks to @EncounterGTR :cheers:)
*Edit 3: Added World Compact Car Race. ( Thanks to @RonnyRace83 :cheers: )

Last edited:
I remember the "Stars of Pleidas" manufacturer series being difficult. Not sure is the AI was actually overpowered though.

Ah yes, I remember now. But I don't think the CPUs had tuned cars in it, more so that the Legacy and Impreza were just very similar in performance terms.

Found 2 races where the CPU cheat:
  • The race "Pan Euro Championship" there is a Motorsport Elise '99 that has 485hp! it's impossible to get this power output unless you use some cheats codes.
  • The race "Euro Hot Hatch League" there is a BMW M Coupe '98 a car that you can't use in that event.

Found 2 races where the CPU cheat:
  • The race "Pan Euro Championship" there is a Motorsport Elise '99 that has 485hp! it's impossible to get this power output unless you use some cheats codes.
  • The race "Euro Hot Hatch League" there is a BMW M Coupe '98 a car that you can't use in that event.

Added these events to the list.

The World Compact Car Race in the Professional Hall makes use of tuned cars.

Update:

The Race of NA Sports in the Professional Hall makes use of tuned cars.

The Clubman Cup in the Professional Hall makes use of tuned cars.

The Spider & Roadster Cup in the Beginner Hall makes use of a Lotus Elise (not S or R, the original one) that is capable of pulling away on straights from a 205 hp Mazda MX-5 NA with original suspension, max weight reduction etc.

The El Capitan 200 Miles Endurance Race in the Endurance Hall makes use of tuned cars.

Last edited:
Maybe the Polyphony Digital ran out of sports vehicles that's why they used the concept vehicles as a placeholder. In my opinion

Last edited:
Just found some more events where the opponents use tuned cars:

• Evolution Meeting - Opponents have ~365 hp, roughly a 90 hp increase from a stock Lan Evo.
  • Tuning Car Championship - Opponents have ~390 hp (with a few exceptions like the HPA Golf which comes with 500+ hp by default) and they all use racing medium tires as opposed to the default sport medium/soft tires. Most tuner cars have around 250-300 hp, so the increase is around 100 hp.
  • Race of The Red Emblem - Opponents have ~390 hp, roughly a 110 hp increase from a stock R32/R33/R34. The pre-R32 80's Skyline have ~340 hp and the 70's Skyline have ~270 hp.
  • Stars of Pleiades - Opponents have ~340 hp, roughly a 70 hp increase from a stock Impreza/Legacy.
  • Type R Meeting - Opponents have ~300 hp, roughly a 80-100 hp increase from stock non-NSX models, and only a 20 hp increase from a stock NSX.
  • British GT Series - Opponents have ~480 hp, roughly a 100-150 hp increase from most stock British GT cars with a few exceptions such as the Jaguar XJ220 and the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, which has ~550 hp but really heavy.
  • March Brothers - Opponents have ~115 hp, roughly a 30-70 hp increase from the compact Nissan cars.. which is massive considering these cars come with 50-90 hp in stock form.
Gonna add more soon!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back