List of tires for each car, which are most true-to-life counterparts of real stock ones

• Thread starter szejok666
  • 3 comments
Poland
Poland
Szejok666
I think this would be very useful, if someone would like to experience most close to life experience of driving a car in the game. Tires fitted as stock in GT6 are much more grippy, than the stock ones in real life. If we knew, which ones offer most accurate grip, we could start comparing cars and lap times to the real ones. It would also stop all the guesswork, which ones are most realistic.

There was this kind of a list in GT5 Prologue, but since then many things changed. I think PD actually knows, at least for premium cars, which tires should represent real-life ones

This is one of the features that PD can do to vastly enhance the realism of the game without doing much modifications to the physics engine or complicating matters a lot. It’s impossible to accurately replicate the grip of every tyre fitted to real-life cars that are available in GT games simply by using the PD-adopted method of fitting the hardest tyre compound in the most likely tyre category (or the softest, for Comfort tyres) for said car by default, and players are highly unlikely to be able to have the expertise (in terms of driving skills) or tools (in the form of a track) required to determine for themselves which of the 9 tyre compounds is most similar to the ones fitted IRL, and that’s on a massive assumption that players have access to the cars! So if PD featured a list like the one in GT5P in GT Sport or subsequent titles, that will be the best option requiring (presumably) the least effort from both players and PD to achieve a more realistic driving experience, one that is even more feasible considering the relatively small car count in GT Sport compared to those in previous titles.

There was this kind of a list in GT5 Prologue, but since then many things changed. I think PD actually knows, at least for premium cars, which tires should represent real-life ones

Yeah, I can still remember the Mercedes- Benz AMG online challenge (the limited-time one in which you raced against a real-life AMG driver around the Top Gear Test Track, not the one on the Nordschleife) mandating players to use Comfort Soft tyres instead of the usual Sports Hards, so PD probably knows which type of tyres most closely resemble the real-life tyres used on the Premiums.

Also, here’re some pics taken from the User Manual interface of GT5P in case some of you do not know what the list I’m talking about is:

CA181ED1-F412-474E-A578-DECBC333D419.jpeg

96E40D62-A0B5-412B-AAF5-048A334CDC9C.jpeg

E55A839B-314D-4FC6-9FFA-68E3DBC81D83.jpeg

5132E19A-08A2-4005-AF74-2397CB3EC739.jpeg

F052DB7F-CC6D-402E-A0C9-1F6B51883F64.jpeg

BE5DC2F9-B77E-4750-99D0-B4C8D044E577.jpeg

Back