Little F430 drifting

  • Thread starter Thread starter hazzy
  • 14 comments
  • 2,406 views
Messages
265
Norway
Norway
One of my first runs drifting a RWD in prologue :P I know the quality are poor, but I don't have a decent camera at the moment :nervous:

comments?



Ill be putting out some GT drifting in a couple of days :sly: just gotta get the final tweaks on it :P

Here is a Suzuka Short with a Viper GTS while you wait ;)
 
Since when there is GT40 in Prologue?

;)

Cough cough, GT, not GT40 ;)

Nice drifting by the way, really nice!
 
Since when there is GT40 in Prologue?

;)

Cough cough, GT, not GT40 ;)

Nice drifting by the way, really nice!

whoops :P always mix the names, as the GT really are a new GT40



and thanks ;)
 
Not bad, keep it up. But next time put your camera on a table so it doesnt shake. :)
 
Not bad, keep it up. But next time put your camera on a table so it doesnt shake. :)

yea, holding it aint that smart XD but was just off to school, so I had limited time to record it :P

P.S. I don't run with HDMI... my TV don't support it (even though it's "HD ready" XP), so I can't fully enjoy the game, and the clips don't have as good quality...:grumpy:
 
Well I believe the red blue and green composite cables support 720p. Might wanna look into that.
 
Well I believe the red blue and green composite cables support 720p. Might wanna look into that.

but i doubt my old Amp supports it... I run everything through it for the 5.1 surround :P If i'm lucky, my dad fixes a TV he has (got it for free, since the screen is crushed...), it checked, and it has HDMI, it's larger than the one I already have, and changing the screen on it is cheaper than a new TV:idea: Gotta do some convincing here XD
 
Fixed your link.

Your welcome.

Remember, all you have to do is copy everything after the "=" sign, then put "youtube" before, and "/youtube" after inside of "[ ]" brackets.

As for the drifting...

Good first effort. I see you are using a controller. Do you use the analog sticks?

If you do, try and make small adjustments with the sticks. Just like in real life racing. You need to make small adjustments to keep the car balanced. Too much "manhandling" overloads the suspension, brakes, steering, etc... This can cause the dreaded "snapback", which I can see you were struggling to prevent. However, all in all, not too bad. Keep up the practice, and keep us informed of your progress. 👍



;)
 
delphic reason
Fixed your link.

Your welcome.

Remember, all you have to do is copy everything after the "=" sign, then put "youtube" before, and "/youtube" after inside of "[ ]" brackets.

Thanks! the reason i didnt embed is for the fact that at that time, just a white square appeared rather than the vid...

delphic reason
As for the drifting...

Good first effort. I see you are using a controller. Do you use the analog sticks?

If you do, try and make small adjustments with the sticks. Just like in real life racing. You need to make small adjustments to keep the car balanced. Too much "manhandling" overloads the suspension, brakes, steering, etc... This can cause the dreaded "snapback", which I can see you were struggling to prevent. However, all in all, not too bad. Keep up the practice, and keep us informed of your progress.

The scary thing here is that I'm using a wheel XD but I locked it at 180 degrees, so it's kinda snappy... I still have not mastered 900 degree drifting yet... and to put the blame somewhere (:P) at that point i recorded that video, the car was completly stock, and i was going more for points than looks... the next videos (featuring the GT) will be shooted in free run, so I'll try to keep it smooth :sly:
 
Thanks! the reason i didnt embed is for the fact that at that time, just a white square appeared rather than the vid...

You have to remember only copy what comes after the = sign. If you don't, you get a white square.



The scary thing here is that I'm using a wheel XD but I locked it at 180 degrees, so it's kinda snappy... I still have not mastered 900 degree drifting yet... and to put the blame somewhere (:P) at that point i recorded that video, the car was completly stock, and i was going more for points than looks... the next videos (featuring the GT) will be shooted in free run, so I'll try to keep it smooth :sly:

Even in 180 mode, smoothness is very doable. I used 180 mode for a long time before 900 mode existed. It just takes practice, and like I said earlier, small inputs. I look forward to seeing your progress.




;)
 
Nice!

You seem to be taking a decent line through most of the turns. If I had to criticize, I'd have to point out your front wheels are all over the place. This is causing your drift to be eradic, and look uncontrolled.

If I may be so bold to make a suggestion?

Spend some time focusing on smoothing out your countersteer. Smaller, smoother inputs will increase the length, fluidity, and thus appeal of your drifts.



;)
 
Nice!

You seem to be taking a decent line through most of the turns. If I had to criticize, I'd have to point out your front wheels are all over the place. This is causing your drift to be eradic, and look uncontrolled.

If I may be so bold to make a suggestion?

Spend some time focusing on smoothing out your countersteer. Smaller, smoother inputs will increase the length, fluidity, and thus appeal of your drifts.



;)

(as you said earlier) I've beentrying to smooth it out a bit, but the FFB ruins it a bit for me :P I found the Viper GTS much easier and fun to drift than the f430, and ill try to smooth it out even more ;)

a side note: this was the run that put me as nr 2 right under BreakerOhio on the online scoreboard:dopey:
 
(as you said earlier) I've beentrying to smooth it out a bit, but the FFB ruins it a bit for me :P I found the Viper GTS much easier and fun to drift than the f430, and ill try to smooth it out even more ;)

a side note: this was the run that put me as nr 2 right under BreakerOhio on the online scoreboard:dopey:

Well, keep at it. It takes a lot of practice, but you have a quite bit to go before you are drifting as WELL as BreakOhio. That's the problem with the drift mode in GT5:Prologue. It doesn't judge how well the drift is. Sure, it calculates how long you are countersteered, how long/speed the wheels are traveling at, etc.... Yet, it cannot deduce the smoothness, style, amount of smoke, fluidity, etc... Some of the highest scores were done by holding on to the handbrake the whole lap and weaving back and forth inside the drift zones to get maximum points. It just isn't an accurate system, and cannot replace a human as a judge of a well performed drift.

Keep up the practice though. You should be able to perform buttery smooth countersteer with the wheel (180 degree or not). Most of my old drift team (IDM) used 180 degree wheels and produced some of the smoothest and most beautiful drifts I have ever seen in the GT series. So, there is hope! Don't give up.




;)
 
The Ferrari vid I must say is a little sloppy, it's just my opinion, but the drifting you did in the Viper is a lot better.
 
Back