Little things that makes you wonder

  • Thread starter Thread starter JBranco
  • 20 comments
  • 1,437 views
Messages
124
Portugal
Portugal
Messages
tcorolla
I just saw this… and it really made me think lol
Assuming the video is real, and not a fake wannabe.

 
Last edited:
Looks right to me.
PS watch your language round here.
 
Looks right? how come?
(no more cursing i promise)
 
(no more cursing i promise)
Then edit the post and take the word out instead of leaving it up and getting into 🤬 for bypassing the censor. 👍

As for the video, I went into it knowing GT5 would look better, is that what you were getting at or just wanting us to see the difference between the versions?
 
As for the video, I went into it knowing GT5 would look better, is that what you were getting at or just wanting us to see the difference between the versions?

I mean, that got lost an awesome 'feature' along the way.
This is how i actually play, in-car.
Looks much better in GT5, and more realistic. and it's a shame.
 
I remember 5 looking like 6.
 
When playing I notice pretty much zero difference. I'm not here for the graphics. I'm worried about that braking point I just missed and the fact I'm sideways heading towards a gravel trap.

It all looks more than good enough to me. Only thing that I notice while racing is fps drop at bathurst, but that is better since 1.04.
 
I never played GT5, the rain on the window looks miles better. Should be trivial to put that back in GT6... what bothers me on GT6 is the window wipers run at a low fps very choppy.

But then again I don't do many rain races, and I race in bumper cam anyway :)
 
(…) the rain on the window looks miles better. Should be trivial to put that back in GT6... what bothers me on GT6 is the window wipers run at a low fps very choppy. (…)

exactly!
 
I never use the wipers. I can see fine without them running. It must be the Rain-X my pit crew uses :D
I have been using Rain x for 20+ years. Going by that video posted above, it looks like you are correct. GT5 is not using Rain X. GT6 is using Rain X for sure.
 
I never use the wipers. I can see fine without them running. It must be the Rain-X my pit crew uses :D

hahahahahaha

I have been using Rain x for 20+ years. Going by that video posted above, it looks like you are correct. GT5 is not using Rain X. GT6 is using Rain X for sure.

may be! but just seems more real one than another.
 
what should really exist, is that when u'd look left or right, it would show the side of the car, and not the road.
 
if you drove from inside the car , it would be the case; so for realisme; dont drive outside the car ....
 
if you drove from inside the car , it would be the case; so for realisme; dont drive outside the car ....

i can only play in the car… the bumper cam is good, the incar cam is awesome lol
 
Yeah, if you look at other videos also it's quite clear that GT 5 has the richer contrasts, deeper hard shadows, and illuminating cockpit instruments.

GT 6 claiming a 50% increase in contrast claim seems almost backwards... So yes, in so many ways, GT 5 does look better than GT 6 but I believe there is a good reason...

PD likely started revamping the whole lighting model before Sony said "hey, your realeasing GT 6 early!" So they maybe are using the newer system but its incomplete and many features tuned down... The windshield drops are an animated texture and internal cockpit dashes likely using a simulate system that is no longer supported in the new engine...

There really is no logical reason otherwise as removing the blockiness from GT 5 hard shadows could have been solved, but not if they never intended to reuse the lighting engine...

A very plausible theory, but a theory that can't be confirmed so let's throw in some being it of the doubt for hope :)
 
do you think it's because they're jamming it up for PS4? and GT6 for PS3 it's just ''for the poor''?
I hope that they don't neglect PS3 users though…. and still launch an update with like 500Mb with some graphics improvements, tracks and cars...
well, that's what i asked Santa :p
 
Back