Little Things You Love about GT7?

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 298 comments
Was it mentioned that when driving the F1500t, that as you go around the circuit from the driver's perspective, you can see your own reflection in the dials when the sun is ahead of you? that I did like (using a yellow helmet so it was noticeable)

20829512721559414.jpg

This little beauty, favourite road car so far.

I guess how easy it is achieving the perfect shot in race mode or scapes, the game literally does the work for you (allbeit with some fine tuning on the player's end).

I've been playing for well over a year and just realized that the stands are practically empty when you're time trialing but full when you're doing a race. Nice little attention to detail.
If you keep looking you'll see more differences here, there's less tents and other things dotted around, there's no TV trucks which appear for the race.

Also in the GTWS practice session before the race when it was doing the scenery stuff in the lobby I noticed they were still putting signage up:

Screen Shot 2023-04-09 at 03.44.07.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-09 at 03.44.17.png

It's all the little details, man!

I think pd has done an amazing job with way you visual customize cars now that is the best we ever had in gran turismo game ever,

If you keep looking you'll see more differences here, there's less tents and other things dotted around, there's no TV trucks which appear for the race.

Also in the GTWS practice session before the race when it was doing the scenery stuff in the lobby I noticed they were still putting signage up:

View attachment 1246377
View attachment 1246378

It's all the little details, man!
Many tracks have " special " tracksides depending on the event. Monza has extra banners and screens on the GT3 events / license test which are not on custom race / all other events . Big willow also has something like that for sure , there are more but I can't say which off the top of my head . I wish PD would let us choose these track sides . Drive club had this in the menu for it's arcade mode ( No crowd , light medium heavy, with each level having more ornate and dense trackside design .

I love how they finally added tire smoke as part of the “drift mode” to Scapes. Not only that, they included dust and dirt as options for the effect, so now you can do much better rally scenes and the dirt path scapes are much more dynamic.

View attachment 1246527
This feature is broken on the ps4 , The smoke looks like garbage . Don't know how they bonked it when it is rendered in post processing.

I've been playing for well over a year and just realized that the stands are practically empty when you're time trialing but full when you're doing a race. Nice little attention to detail.

It’s the very little details that make the GT games so good. I’m still learning about new stuff for GT4, it really makes you appreciate these games past the faults they may have.

We're else and how else can you drive cars that the common human would have no chance to.

Let us not forget the sensory overload that the tracks offer. What other game do people go nuts just looking at what's not on the track itself.

Driving the R32 GT-R Nismo just now - in in-car view - i started the race and as soon as the speedo went past 110 km/h a quiet dinging sound started...

One of my real life Skylines has the exact same double ding, as soon as you go faster than 110km/h. It's there to tell you that you're breaking the speed limit.

To hear it in the game suprised me, but i'm very glad about Polyphony's attention to detail in this case!

Wondering if it's an early model Skyline thing though, as it only does it in my 1990 Skyline, and the 1990 GT-R Nismo in GT7. My 1991 Skyline and my wifes 1992 Skyline don't have that ding sound. And it doesn't do it in the 1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II in GT7 either.

When watching a replay in shotgun POV & peeking in on the rear-view mirror.. watching everything going by but still seeing the race out of the windshield.. amazing details!

NW.

1. Owning 20 P1 GTRs and 20 FXXK and 12 F1 GTRs 95 (so far goal of 20)
2. The relaxation I get when I grind for credits.
3. The livery editor is like nothing I ever seen being able to make any livery is amazing.

1. Owning 20 P1 GTRs and 20 FXXK and 12 F1 GTRs 95 (so far goal of 20)
2. The relaxation I get when I grind for credits.
3. The livery editor is like nothing I ever seen being able to make any livery is amazing.
If you will buy 21st of all may i buy one from you?

Last edited:
For me it's a tiny little thing, and it's the metallic pinging you get from a cooling exhaust that you can hear after the results of a race.

A stupidly tiny detail, but it's one of my favorite sounds in reality and it being in GT7 just makes me smile every time I hear it.

Tonight I noticed the analog clocks running in a few of the cars. What was truly amazing that each clock in each car was keeping perfect time. The correct time for where I live! ‘68 Charger, ‘70 Superbird, ‘70 Challenger, ‘69 Camaro, ‘69 Corvette, ‘’70 Super Bee. For myself this is a wicked detail. Kind of like when I got my first iPhone and noticed the clock in the app page was the correct time. Hats off to GT creators.

I like that in GT Auto you can have grille options.. it's nice . Also the light covers in livery editor.. need more of them!

I’m currently watching the Bathurst 12H live stream on YouTube. The cars just took a break and the stream just had the static camera pointed at The Chase. I can hear the birds chirping and the ambiance of the location. Cars re-entered the circuit and hearing that background echo and rumble of the cars as they’re nearing the camera.
I love replicating that when I park a car at certain spots and the camera has the perfect view of the circuit. The same birds chirping and sound of cars in the background and driving by. Amazing stuff.

Back