LittleBigPlanet - Costume Creations

Hrm. I think we've done all the co-op bits in Serpent Shrine, but maybe we missed one. I'll have to go back in and see. Thanks for the offer to tandem it with me.

Hrm. I think we've done all the co-op bits in Serpent Shrine, but maybe we missed one. I'll have to go back in and see. Thanks for the offer to tandem it with me.
There are two or three in that level.

In the event you may just be overlooking it in your costume items list (it's located in "Head" category), you can confirm if you have gotten it by going to the LBP Story Map, selecting The Canyons, highlighting Serpent Shrine, then press the square button. This will bring up various stats for that level. If you go to the very last page, this is where they show you all the prizes that can be won, and which ones you have already gotten.

The Zombie Brain is the 30th (out of 31) in-story prizes in that list. So if you have it, you'll see it listed at the end of the 5th row down from the top.

I really don't mind helping you find it if you need it, so just let me know.

Well, we got to 100% on Serpent Shrine over the weekend, and collected the Zombie Brain. Thanks for the offer to help! Have not aced that level yet and don't anticipate doing so any time soon.

So it tells you in the stats section what prizes are available where? That's nice.

So it tells you in the stats section what prizes are available where? That's nice.
You can also leave comments and realize how well you guys moderate this site.

Although it is fairly clean. There's just a lot of repeated questions that have been answered about a dozen times already.

Well, we got to 100% on Serpent Shrine over the weekend, and collected the Zombie Brain.
Congrats... now you can go on a Zombie run. ;)

Have not aced that level yet and don't anticipate doing so any time soon.
It's not as hard as it may appear, especially if all you are doing is going through it to get to the end without concerning yourself with getting any prize & point bubbles.

When you do ace a level you are treated with at least one special prize, often a costume item, so it is worth it. Also, I find it is easier to ace a level if I have been playing it recently, as it is fresh in my mind, and I usually already have my timing down. If you want those extra prizes as well as the Play trophy, then you may find it both easier, and less time consuming to go ahead and ace the level you have been playing in, rather than wait and go back and try it at a later time... but YMMV. :)

BTW: There are also prizes for finding all the prize bubbles (100%), so if it doesn't say 100% for a level, then you know there are still some prizes to be found. 👍

Not exactly. It will tell you how many prizes are available, and the ones you have found will show up in the corresponding circle and it will tell you the name of the prize, but not the type of prize (Costume Item, Sticker, Object, Goody, etc), nor where it was found.

However, it will not tell you the name or the location of the prizes you have not yet found or earned.

Also, the list of items is fixed, and not in the order you found them... which I suspect was done to make it easier to figure out which ones you have not yet found with the help of a friend who has found them, thus is able to tell you the exact prize(s) that you are missing. 👍

Last edited:
Not exactly. It will tell you how many prizes are available, and the ones you have found will show up in the corresponding circle and it will tell you the name of the prize, but not the type of prize (Costume Item, Sticker, Object, Goody, etc).

However, it will not tell you the name or the location of the prizes you have not yet found or earned.

Also, the list of items is fixed, and not in the order you found them... which I suspect was done to make it easier to figure out which ones you have not yet found with the help of a friend who has found them, thus is able to tell you the exact prize(s) that you are missing. 👍
I think I read Duke's question wrong. Yeah, it doesn't tell you where they are, just how many and what they are if you have found them.

Now, I do have the game guide which gives you a map of each section of a level with arrows pointing to prize bubbles, and descriptions on how to get to the tricky ones.

Tonight I saw J-PaP in LBP and he had a sackboy painted in black wearing the wooden wig (that goes with the samurai armor costume).. and it reminded me of that martian character from Bugs Bunny, Marvin:

100_2420a.jpg
100_2420b.jpg
100_2420c.gif

So J-PaP and I thought it would be fun to try and make a SackMarvin, and here is the results from my first attempt (and yes, that's J-PaP as a SackBugs with a carrot remote ;) ):

100_2415.jpg

100_2416-1.jpg
100_2417-1.jpg

100_2419.jpg

I was meant to jump off the ps3 right after we took those photos but couldn't help working on a marvin costume myself (done a bit differently to yours). I don't know if you remember my romanesque with glowing eyes sackboy from a while ago. I recreated him but feel as if something is missing.

updated with my costumes I have made:

006mrr.jpg

joker

005zaa.jpg

disturbing smiley face?

004vkc.jpg

village people

003b.jpg

no idea

002kbe.jpg

marvin the martian

Last edited:
That's the problem with editing a post after several minutes... those that already read it won't know it's been added to. :ouch:

I realize this site doesn't like double posting, but maybe if there was some way that when ever someone edits a post it is then labeled a new post so that it shows backup on our "New Post" list in the forums and in our user control menu. 👍

Any way... glad I scrolled back up looking for another post and thus saw your late editions:

updated with my costumes I have made:

They all look great! I bet you could also make some of the other Village people characters... or others should and then all meet for a session of YMCA in LBP. ;)

Speaking of acting silly in LBP...

100_2421.jpg

;)

I noticed some of my saved costumes won't load any longer, and instead all I get is a red exclamation point, but no explanation why it won't load:

100_2629.jpg

I thought maybe I had accidentally deleted costume items that were used to make those costumes, but as far as I can tell that is not the case. :odd:

Anyone else experience this?

I noticed some of my saved costumes won't load any longer, and instead all I get is a red exclamation point, but no explanation why it won't load:

100_2629.jpg

I thought maybe I had accidentally deleted costume items that were used to make those costumes, but as far as I can tell that is not the case. :odd:

Anyone else experience this?
Turn off your Internet connection and try it. I have had that happen when playing online and then when I played by myself it started working again. But it was never more than one or two costumes, so your situation may be different.

Turn off your Internet connection and try it. I have had that happen when playing online and then when I played by myself it started working again. But it was never more than one or two costumes, so your situation may be different.

Well I tried that and they still won't load. I have gone and made one of them all over again, and so far it is working fine so I don't think it has anything to do with the costume items themselves. :odd:

Oh well, I think for now I'll not worry about it until the upcoming 1.12 update for LBP and hope that maybe it might also fix this odd bug.

Try deleting some items in create mode. I know having a bunch of community items can lead to problems, maybe that is causing this?

I tried that, but it didn't do anything. What's odd is that pic I posted is sorted by date, so the ones effected were all made around the same time... but they weren't close to be the first ones, nor the last ones. It's a very odd glitch. If the update doesn't fix them I'll post my observations in the LittleBigWorkshop forum, and see if I'm alone here, or if this has affected others.

So, I've been "hard at work" on my new level, which I think is considerably better than my last. Looking for any of you guy's to check it out, and possibly give me some feed back (or maybe a few free hearts! :P). Thanks!

Back