Live 8 tickets on eBayMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Touring Mars
  • 6 comments
  • 473 views

Touring Mars

ツーリング マルス
Staff Emeritus
Messages
31,335
Scotland
Edinburgh
Messages
GTP_Mars
I saw yesterday that Bob Geldof was urging people to disrupt the sale of Live 8 tickets on eBay by placing 'impossible' bids... now eBay have taken the tickets off the site, but they have also suspended the accounts of anyone who placed a 'disruptive' bid... it's almost enough to make me want to boycott them :irked:
 
Let me guess, you have been suspended?

I dunno, I think if someone was selling a spair ticket becayse they had no one to give it to, or say they didn't like the music on offer fine, but they should have promised to send the money to Live 8.
 
No, luckily I didn't place a bid, pretty much because I didn't need to...

I agree, if someone made a profit from a free ticket, they should donate the money, but there are plenty of touts out there who'd gladly profit themselves, and eBay shouldn't have allowed the sale of the tickets in the first place... I just think their decision to ban people for placing protest bids smacks of vindictiveness...
 
Or perhpas they should have set it up so people sent their tickets to ebay and then they were sold, making sure all money went to Live 8. Or just make sure all money is sent to Live 8.
 
The Lib Dems have suggested launching a charity auction website, presumably so that this sort of thing can be avoided...In the meantime, it would be a good jesture if eBay would reinstate those people who were banned..
 
It was amazing that on the news I saw a bid at £920. :eek:
 
G.T
It was amazing that on the news I saw a bid at £920. :eek:

And approximately how much of that 920 will go to charity? Probably a third of it... the '0' bit... :sly:
 
Back