Liveries created on PS4 account in GTS, most effective way to use these in GT7 on an alternate account

• Thread starter Akwaaba
  • 23 comments
United Kingdom
London/Malaysia/Tunisia
Waizon/v8stage1/
Hi, I used to live in Asia, and created hundreds of liveries on this account. Now that I live in Europe, and use my European account, I was wondering if anyone knew the most effective way (least time-consuming) to make use of these liveries?

It seems as though, I need to set up the old account on GT7, play the game to unlock the livery editor, and buy the cars (and maybe the paints). Then to get the liveries and share them. Is there an easier way?

I know how you feel. I rarely share decals and was always hitting the 1000 limit so I had to delete decals all the time. Importing my liveries won't work because of this. :crazy:

But I try to look at the bright side. It's a new game. Fresh start.

I know how you feel. I rarely share decals and was always hitting the 1000 limit so I had to delete decals all the time. Importing my liveries won't work because of this. :crazy:

But I try to look at the bright side. It's a new game. Fresh start.
I test imported a Jurassic Park Safety Car with various decals, and it imported perfectly. The process took a few minutes - maybe not too bad. I have 500+ liveries, of which I'm probably happy to continue using a couple of hundred. So, it could take around 50 hours to get them, so I was hoping for a workaround. I imagine you have as many, if not more!

I've tried to load car, helmet and suit designs and all of them failed :( Also none of my own decals seem to work and the ones I didn't share don't show up. Weird.

I've tried to load car, helmet and suit designs and all of them failed :( Also none of my own decals seem to work and the ones I didn't share don't show up. Weird.
Seems to be a weird limit of 100 decals so far. And liveries and suit/helmet designs won’t work unless you’ve shared all decals you used to make it. :crazy:

Last edited:
I just rebooted my game and it loaded everything in now. Thought PD's claim, that non-shared decals will carry over, is (currently?) wrong. :irked:

Guess I'll have to upload around 300 decals again manually and fix imported liveries. It seems that placement, size and color info are kept, so it's only a matter of replacing the decals in the loaded livery then. But it's still somewhat of an annoyance. I also don't fancy finding the ~500 stickers I had in my GTS library again, especially considering that there's no new search page online yet that does a better one than GT's very own.

Last edited:
It seems that placement, size and color info are kept, so it's only a matter of replacing the decals in the loaded livery then. But it's still somewhat of an annoyance. I also don't fancy finding the ~500 stickers I had in my GTS library again, especially considering that there's no new search page online yet that does a better one than GT's very own.
Good. 🤪 annoyance but still more annoying to recreate them imo.

I have several thousand decals in dropbox I used on mine, so yeah I know how you feel. :lol: Usually labelled and foldered for the specific car/livery. But still.

Maybe I am a little bit stupid or just too old or whatever...

But could somebody please be so nice and explain to me step by step what I have to do to gain acsess to my old liveries(all of them got shared to the public on GTS before febuary)

For example I had 2 designs for the Mustang Mach 1 '71 om GTS and now I own the same car in GT7 but those 2 designs are nowhere to be found...

1. Make sure GT7 Account = GTS Account
2. Take the car you want to import a livery for
3. Go to GTauto
4. Go to the livery editor
5. Click "Open Design"
6. Choose the one to import.

If 6. doesn't work, select "all" in the top left corner, GT7 only displays the newest 100 liveries from GTS. In order to see more you need to either import some or delete ones you don't want

3. Go to GTauto
5. Click "Open Design"

If 6. doesn't work, select "all" in the top left corner, GT7 only displays the newest 100 liveries from GTS. In order to see more you need to either import some or delete ones you don't want
So you have to own the cars in GT7 before you can even access the liveries you created on GTS? And you have to import them by hand via the editor? No wonder mine aren't showing up. I can't believe how amateurish they handled the data transfer...

So you have to own the cars in GT7 before you can even access the liveries you created on GTS? And you have to import them by hand via the editor? No wonder mine aren't showing up. I can't believe how amateurish they handled the data transfer...
Very amateurish indeed. We all want our cars in GT Sport for free!

Wait. Are you serious? Of course you need to own the cars first. Same as when you added a livery someone made to your library in GT Sport, you didn’t automatically get the car just because you got its livery.

I think the decals just have to be publically available, not necessarily by yourself.
But, I can't see how to re-share a livery once I've got it from GTS

Very amateurish indeed. We all want our cars in GT Sport for free!

Wait. Are you serious? Of course you need to own the cars first. Same as when you added a livery someone made to your library in GT Sport, you didn’t automatically get the car just because you got its livery.
I made the liveries myself. WTF would I need to own the car in order to simply make the livery publically available to others in GT7? Come on.

Last edited:
I made the liveries myself. WTF would I need to own the car in order to simply make the livery publically available to others in GT7? Come on.
Because to make that livery in GTS you had to buy the car first. Do you really expect your garage to carry over? If that was the case, the GT Café menu books would be like 90% complete for the people who have all cars in GTS.

New game, new start. Simple as that. You don’t get to start the game at level 40.

Last edited:
Because to make that livery in GTS you had to buy the car first. Do you really expect your garage to carry over? If that was the case, the GT Café menu books would be like 90% complete for the people who have all cars in GTS.

New game, new start. Simple as that. You don’t get to start the game at level 40.
Why would I need to import it in the editor by buying the car? It is already made, publicly available in GTS; it's on their servers. It's just a data transfer. What I expected is, just like decals, that public liveries would just show up on the GT7 servers. Other players should be able to use them immediately without me doing anything or having the car. The fact that it is NOT that way and requires livery creators to manually import them into GT7 is indeed amateur hour on the part of PD.

Last edited:
Why would I need to import it in the editor by buying the car? It is already made, publicly available in GTS; it's on their servers. It's just a data transfer. What I expected is, just like decals, that public liveries would just show up on the GT7 servers. Other players should be able to use them immediately without me doing anything or having the car. The fact that it is NOT that way and requires livery creators to manually import them into GT7 is indeed amateur hour on the part of PD.
It could be to not already clutter your profile with liveries you don’t want out there, as there isn’t a group delete button either.
And besides, they’re editable now, that could be a reason.

I’d love them to be easier to share too, sure, but I’m guessing if they did they’d probably look off since 99% of the decals I used on the ones I want to carry over is long gone from my collection. I have several thousand decals that I have used over the years.

I see what you mean now, and I agree they could sit in your collection with a one-press share button as we had it in GTS. But as it is right now it’d probably not work too well.

3. Go to GTauto
5. Click "Open Design"

Well...it works sometimes, sometimes it doesen't...

Just got the Gr3 Ford GT as a gift-car and I was very happy about that, because one of my favorite GTS liveries was for that car but I can't open it...when I come to point 5 it doesn't show, and when I select "all" insead, it does show up, but i can't transfer it...nothing happens, when I click on it...

Or is it, that the Gr3 Ford GT40 in GT7 isn't exactly the same car as the one in GTS ?

Well...it works sometimes, sometimes it doesen't...

Just got the Gr3 Ford GT as a gift-car and I was very happy about that, because one of my favorite GTS liveries was for that car but I can't open it...when I come to point 5 it doesn't show, and when I select "all" insead, it does show up, but i can't transfer it...nothing happens, when I click on it...

Or is it, that the Gr3 Ford GT40 in GT7 isn't exactly the same car as the one in GTS ?
Had similar problem with a livery on my SambaBus, all I did was quit game, restarted, went back to GTAuto and the livery loaded as expected.

I think the decals just have to be publically available, not necessarily by yourself.
But, I can't see how to re-share a livery once I've got it from GTS
Just on the off chance, this benefits somebody else, I have found out how to retrieve my liveries from my alternative account.
I made almost all my liveries on GT Sport when I lived in Asia, and therefore on my Asian account.
I want to make use of them (and have them updated( to use on my European GT7 account.

Asian GT7 Account
In the livery editor, select open design and then select 'All' from the option in the top left-hand corner. Here I can see all of the GT Sport liveries that I shared when I played GT Sport. Once I open a livery in GT7, the next livery becomes available. If like me, you had similar liveries, with colour changes, or a few duff liveries, delete them. The 100 most recently available liveries are kept available. These are updated, almost in real-time. Just have to exit and return so that the list is refreshed.

Yes, I have to buy the cars on my alternate account, but with circuit experiences, and the sport time trail - getting a million credits every so often is quite fun.

When I open the livery, go to edit to replace any missing decals - opening the image from GT Sport shows the front and side, so this isn't too hard or time-consuming to do. So far, only one or two of the decals need replacing, and so adding this to the favourites makes this process a little more efficient.

Save the livery, as a style and share. I had the account name in the tags to make them easier to find.

I realize most will have realized all this, but I'm sure somebody might find this useful

Latest Posts

Back