Livery competition to win my old sim rig

• Thread starter mattikake
  • 8 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Apologies to the mods if I'm not allowed to do this but I like giving things away...

I've just upgraded my rig so I'm looking to get rid of my old one, for free.

I'm thinking of a little competition aimed mainly at people who don't have a rig and would never win a competition by driving, but they could win a competition by designing a livery for me that I can use in races.

I'm planning a live stream with commentary where there is a live reveal and I decide the winner on the spot.

The rig is foldable so it will fit in the boot of the average car. Collection only from Northampton, UK. It was £450 new.

Rig details and it's age related issues are detailed here (and how to enter is in the description)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a cool idea!! I love it. I'll enter for fun, but can I just donate the rig to a member local if I win (or just give it to 2nd place)

Evidently people don't seem to want something for nothing. Hmm, anyone want to buy my car?
Were you really expecting tons of replies or livery entries for this? You’re targeting a very niche group of people in a very short timeframe. We’re talking only members on a forum who’ve had about 25 hours to see your post exclusive to GT7 location of the forums and who can/will drive to Northampton, UK to pick up a ~7 year old, worn and squeaky/noisy rig that you’ve admittedly tried to modify which caused some issues and also beat with a hammer.
How many people who’ve even seen this live that close to Northampton in the first place? How many of those people want a used rig in the condition yours is in currently? Not to mention they first have to take the time put together a livery in hopes you decide they can have your 2nd hand rig in already mentioned condition.
It’s not like you’re giving away a brand new rig or a lightly used high end rig that might yield more interest.
It shouldn’t be any surprise there is little to no action on this given what it is and it was posted only ~25 hours ago. If you just like giving things away can’t you sit it outside with a “free” sign on it? Or maybe post it for free on something like Craigslist?

But also, what car, how much, have you beat it with a hammer and does it meet FIA standards?

(it was also a bump, a bit like this)

I get all that. I'll save leaving it outside with a "take me" sign if no-one is interested.

Not in here per se, but the lack of trust I've seen elsewhere has been eye opening. Everyone seems to think it's a scam. Has humanity really fallen that far?

Last edited:
Everyone seems to think it's a scam.
I don't. I think it looks a lot like shameless self-promotion and an attempt to use GTPlanet for free advertising without permission.
Apologies to the mods if I'm not allowed to do this
Yeah, apologising for something after you've done it with no attempt to ask permission before is pretty hollow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back