Livery corrupted… need to vent.

• Thread starter 996rick
  • 1 comments
United States
Chicago
gt7_996rick
Welp, just lost a livery. I suppose it's not new for anyone else, but is for me.

I've been working on a 911 for a while… most layers I've used so far due to the stencil logos I'm using over metallic gold. I got to a done point on it yesterday. Today decided i wanted to put in the effort for one detail so I open, save as… save the new one, work on it. Go to save the new one after 20 min and the entire game freezes on 0%. 5-10 min go by, nothing. So it's frozen and I expect to lose the livery.

Restart the PS5, and while the livery shows up, it isn't applied to the car and when loading, will crash the game (spins forever, buttons do nothing, need to restart).

So I figure let's just delete the new version. 20 min lost, no biggie. Delete it. Cool.

Read about deleting the console save data, and the temporary network data in-game. Do that. Restart.

Now the ORIGINAL livery I saved from has corrupted too. So the work is gone. Just… damn it to hell.

I thought I lost a different 911 livery (Pikes Peak) but loading that from the Style sorted it out. Others seem to load, just not the one I'm working on.

- - - - -

Any pro tips to avoid this in the future? I design for a living… I'm used to saving every 5 minutes. But this is very worrying.

And might as well attach a half finished screenshot of what I'll be rebuilding. Damned stencil logos and the tons of shapes to fill in the brown…

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 6.44.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 6.44.15 PM.png
    192.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
That sounds weird and not like anything I've heard before.
I lost progress when the internet connection crashed and once thought all was gone but luckily at some point the game created a backup which I could restart from, but having everything corrupted sounds weird.

Do you have any decals with a # or other special character in it? That's known to cause problems. Also try saving the whole thing with a different way of being connected to the interwebs, as that sometimes also decides over if something can be saved or not.

Back