Livery Editor Endlessly Cycling and I Can't Edit A Created Livery

United States
New Mexico
Good afternoon, folks,

I'm not sure if this has been addressed elsewhere (I looked first but didn't find anything), but here's an issue I have been running into the past several days: I created a livery for a car. Named it. Saved it. But after having done all that, when I go back to the Livery Editor, two things happen. The first is that the GT7 Progress icon just endlessly cycles and I never even see the car in the area where you normally see your car when you go to pick or edit a livery. So, when the GT7 Progress icon cycles like that, I back out of there and I close the application and restart the game. After the game has been restarted, I go back there, and go to the Livery Editor. I get as far as being able to choose "Edit Livery", and then the cycling of the icon begins anew, and I just can't seem to get back into the livery to edit it. Is anyone else running into this, and if so, do you have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks for any and all help...

Have encountered this on many an occasion. Often seems to be related to some decals not loading properly causing the whole livery to "freeze".

Did you use any imported decals that you haven't shared on the problematic livery? I've found that just slowly scrolling through your decal library in the Showcase (basically loading their thumbnails) can fix this most of the time.

Have encountered this on many an occasion. Often seems to be related to some decals not loading properly causing the whole livery to "freeze".

Did you use any imported decals that you haven't shared on the problematic livery? I've found that just slowly scrolling through your decal library in the Showcase (basically loading their thumbnails) can fix this most of the time.
Thank you for this. I tried your first suggestion, of scrolling through my decal library in the Showcase like you described, but that didn't work. So, then, I shared the decals (there were four of them and I had not shared them yet). And that almost seemed to work, but the livery editor is still freezing up.

Try a different way of connection to the internet.
I'm connecting by Wifi signal now, and the PS4 is less than ten feet away from the modem. Could that be the issue?

Good afternoon, folks,

I'm not sure if this has been addressed elsewhere (I looked first but didn't find anything), but here's an issue I have been running into the past several days: I created a livery for a car. Named it. Saved it. But after having done all that, when I go back to the Livery Editor, two things happen. The first is that the GT7 Progress icon just endlessly cycles and I never even see the car in the area where you normally see your car when you go to pick or edit a livery. So, when the GT7 Progress icon cycles like that, I back out of there and I close the application and restart the game. After the game has been restarted, I go back there, and go to the Livery Editor. I get as far as being able to choose "Edit Livery", and then the cycling of the icon begins anew, and I just can't seem to get back into the livery to edit it. Is anyone else running into this, and if so, do you have any idea how to fix this?

It may not be related, but have you uploaded and placed decals whose name contains the '#' symbol?
I had a similar issue and actually solved it when I removed those decals. I suspect the livery editor fails to read SVG with special characters other than '-' or '_'.

I'm hardwired and had this exact issue on my PS4. On the PS5 its was less of an issue, but I did keep running into a problem where my decal gallery wouldn't load when choosing a new decal.

What seemed to cure it was changing my DNS settings in the router. I was having issues with my ISP's own DNS servers which was causing all sorts of loading issues across multiple devices. I set them to Google's and that seems to have cured most of my problems. A quick test would be to tether yoru console to your phone and try a different connection.

Last edited:
My regular refrain... optimise your connection!

:D

Good afternoon, folks,

Last edited:
Sorry to bump this, it's doing it on me once again.
To my knowledge, this never truly got fixed. I've had the issue with a few liveries over time, and it could always narrow it down to a select few decals that seemed to just hate loading.

Best, but annoying, practice:
  • Save As… frequently
  • You'll end up with a ton of versions, but it's really the best way once you get the livery to a point where you'd be sad to lose it
  • Save as a Style when you're getting happy with it… I've had some luck loading from Styles when a livery wouldn't load as a regular livery…
  • Cross fingers

Sorry to bump this, it's doing it on me once again.
If you're stuck with it still applied to the car… try saving as a Style to save it.

Then do what you can to clear the style from the car. Reapply the default livery/paint job, etc… then go restart the game, or do whatever others recommend to clear caches or whatever (ive never done those)

Then try to reapply the style. Sometimes it still doesn't work… but I have had this work before with a particularly temperamental livery (a rally VW 1600)

Back