Livery Editor- no local save?

United States
United States
wheelmansteve
So I just spent 90 minutes or so applying a sweet livery to a Megane Trophy. Once I finished, I get a popup that says "Online Save Failed", but the LE allowed me to name the livery and click "Save", with no warning about data loss. I dropped to my PS4 menu and checked my connection- solid, 32MB down, 12 or so up. Apparently, the GTS servers went offline while I was working? I know my home network didn't go down- I have two gamer kids who would have let me know 2 seconds after any outage. Anyhow, while trying to see if all my effort was wasted, I got multiple "network disconnected/network reconnected" alerts in GTS, and my livery is nowhere to be seen. Apparently my livery is just gone, baby gone? I'm no Andy Blackmore, but I can make a good looking race car, and I've really enjoyed this feature. I'd call this a MAJOR black mark. "Have fun with Livery Editor, but good luck saving your work!"

Ah, thought I’d been having dropouts as I’m downloading elsewhere, but maybe not. I too have been seeing lots of disconnections. I decided not to start a new livery...

Same here, I can do a reconnect but as soon as I go into the livery editor it cuts off.

It's happening on my end too, and also happens when I enter a race. I haven't tried to do a Sport race, don't want to lose ratings if I get disconnected.

This online save feature ranks at the top of Gran Turismo fails, right up there with the GT6 8 hour to 24 hour re-install with all the updates.

Yes it seems to a server issue at PD side, the same is happening with daily races as well. Hope fixed soon as I have
a livery to work on and can't access my decals at the moment which is a touch frustrating.

Same here in Malaysia. Connection dropping out every couple of minutes. It is a good job the match is interesting!

The livery should be saved, so that you can access it in the livery editor in future.

Same here, just spent a good 2 1/2 hrs in the livery editor finalizing a livery with a few hundred " shadow" decals for definition and can't create livery. I don't want to rely as I am afraid I will loose all my work.

Maybe you should just wait it out. I seem to remember times when I got disconnected and then after a few tries it reconnected while saving my livery.

Maybe you should just wait it out. I seem to remember times when I got disconnected and then after a few tries it reconnected while saving my livery.
Oh I am doing that as we speak..not about to let it go..lol
Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 2.05.04 PM.png

Connection seems better now.
I've just done qualy runs for races b and c and a 4 lap lobby race with no issues.

Should be able to save the livery nonetheless, just not to the servers. As far as I know you can still save local.

Went back into LE, and my Megane was still there...whew! Just uploaded... Meteor Gray with the fictional "Plus Auto" logos if anyone wants to look for it.

Back