Livery guidelines? Do's and Dont's

• Thread starter BVeezy78
  • 7 comments
Hey guys,
This is my first post here as I am new to forza and living room racing all together. I am however, ADDICTED. I am getting into using the painting editor and have designed several cars and logo that I like, but am unsure of the "proper" way to structure them. The guys that have the best designs seem to all follow some unspoken rules. Like, I'm pretty sure you don't put a Pirelli logo right next to a Toyo or Dunlop logo as it seems logical that a race car would only use 1 set of tires but I'm not sure? Can you have a bilstein and eibach sticker on the same car, do race teams use only domestic cars from their countries? Would I be foolish putting my Lufthansa logo (German airline) on an Italian Ferrari? How do sponsorships work? Like 1 main company logo like red bull, fed ex, ups, etc, and then the logos of all the parts used on that race car. So would it be dumb to put a turbonetics turbochargers sticker on a car that has a centrifugal supercharger? Can anyone sort me out? Im afraid the forza logo police may come crashing into my house.....just kidding. Many thanks in advance.

I don't think many people take it so seriously, but indeed it's usual for a car to have a main sponsor that is featured prominently or even solely. Smaller sponsors usually consist of companies that deliver aftermarket parts like tires, turbo's or oil. And yes, you'd expect only a single manufacturer for each to be featured on a car. Racing teams all the world over use whatever car they are restricted to or like to race. There may me a small bias towards domestic cars, but in the bigger leagues that is no issue at all. So a French team with an German Audi sponsored by Royal Dutch Shell would not be an exception.

I never mix oils lol.

Shell, BP, Texaco etc. Also historic cars tend to have a lot less in sponsers etc.
I hate to see a MG twin cam with Recaro decals or such.

Actually. When painting a historic car, why not track down or make an MG owners club sticker. Plenty of modern historic races being held, maybe then you can add some modern decals.

Saying all that. I prefer a replica of a real car but there's some fantastic fantasy livery's out there. ( Not bugs bunny though lol). There's room for Anime but on the right cars. Not my cup of tea.

What these guys are saying make sense but at the same time you want to go with aesthetics and what looks good to you. Also, in real life, I've seen some strange sponsorships. I forget what race but I've seen a car with "VOLVO" large on the rear bumper and it wasn't even a Volvo.

Some cars are "Customer" Teams, like Most of the FIA GT1, GT3 cars. They have a Team nationality, which doesnt necessarily match that of the car. Russian Aston Martin Squad, for instance. As long as the car has a particular country theme, you'll be fine.

Typically theres one type of sponsor for one type of part. Putting Falken and Hankook looks stupid.

Back