Load personal ghost

• Thread starter Lemus78
  • 19 comments
It's actually very annoying that you can't load your personal ghost replay in GT7.

One of the things I always used to do in GT Sport when entering the world series races is I would practice and save my ghost best lap replay to then load it in for the next session so I could determine if I was 'improving' or getting 'worse' since the competition for a good qualifying time is always very close/fierce.

Whilst I am still delivering good results in races themselves my qualifying time abilities is really taking a hit as a result since I can't compare day to day practice performance.

GT6 had a data logger so you could compare your current lap with your saved ghost.
The other problem I find with using the current Time trials to tune a car is that the session splits reset everytime you leave the track to change the setup. The best ghost remains while you stay in the TT so a split can show you are 2 secs ahead of your best lap in the current session but you are still behind the ghost. So all you can do is go by the best lap time which isn't ideal unless you can be very consistent.
Hoping they bring back "Load Ghost" and the session splits compare your time to the Ghost. Having the ability to save Best Lap Replay but then having no future use for it seems strange.

GT6 had a data logger so you could compare your current lap with your saved ghost.
The other problem I find with using the current Time trials to tune a car is that the session splits reset everytime you leave the track to change the setup. The best ghost remains while you stay in the TT so a split can show you are 2 secs ahead of your best lap in the current session but you are still behind the ghost. So all you can do is go by the best lap time which isn't ideal unless you can be very consistent.
Hoping they bring back "Load Ghost" and the session splits compare your time to the Ghost. Having the ability to save Best Lap Replay but then having no future use for it seems strange.
Fingers crossed,and toes,they add it at some point.You would think one of the`youtube influencers`would have suggested it to pd via whatever means they communicate.

It can now be done!!! Do a lap or a few and when finished exit to the pre Tt/race screen, go to save replay then go to save best lap replay save it. Now for the good stuff. To load your ghost for a different session (car/day) on the pre race screen go to settings at the bottom click ghost settings. Then click the load ghost at the top of the next menu. It might say loaded ghost or something like that but I know it says open in white writing. That will bring up your personal best time that you have saved.
I have only figured it out tonight. I have no idea if it works for ghost saved before 1.21 update. 🍻

This was added before update 1.19 if i remember,a very welcome addition i think.It was one of the tweaks that wasnt mentioned in the notes.

Last edited:
This was added before update 1.19 if i remember,a very welcome addition i think.It was one of the tweaks that wasnt mentioned in the notes.
For that long! Boy have I been missing out. That was a personal like top 3 thing I was hoping for. It was a little puzzling that it wasn’t a option since GTS did. 🍻

For that long! Boy have I been missing out. That was a personal like top 3 thing I was hoping for. It was a little puzzling that it wasn’t a option since GTS did. 🍻
I found it purely by accident by messing with the ghost option,and there it was at last. 👍

Not at the PS right now and can't check, but if it possible to share the ghost so I can race against my friends ghosts and they can load my ghost and race against my ghost?

Not at the PS right now and can't check, but if it possible to share the ghost so I can race against my friends ghosts and they can load my ghost and race against my ghost?
When you click on save best lap replay,im pretty sure there is a share option next to when you click ok.Dont quote me as i cant remember 100%.

OK guys who want to be so kind and try, pretty please.
I just drove a lap on monza with BRZ gt300 21 and saved ghost. If someone is willing to try to see if you can load my ghost and save your lap and share the ghost I would really appreciate it.
PS name highlanderlast if add a friend is needed please add me.
Title = Time Trial monza BRZ 21
182fa801f0028-screenshotUrl.jpg

182fa82b3cd13-screenshotUrl.jpg

As far as I know you can share your replay after saving but I believe it only shares your video replay. So unfortunately you can’t race against a friends ghost. I could be wrong as I haven’t tried it yet with GT7 but that’s how it work with GTS. I’ll try to log in and check it out. 🍻

As far as I know you can share your replay after saving but I believe it only shares your video replay. So unfortunately you can’t race against a friends ghost. I could be wrong as I haven’t tried it yet with GT7 but that’s how it work with GTS. I’ll try to log in and check it out. 🍻
Please test it. It is technically possible to do it, I mean there are on going Time Trial competitions and one can load other ghosts... So....

Please test it. It is technically possible to do it, I mean there are on going Time Trial competitions and one can load other ghosts... So....
PD has only provided the ability to load "select" replays from online leaderboards. This functionality seems to suggest they could enable loading from a "saved lap" somehow but they haven't. You could definitely do this in previous versions, but we'll have to wait longer for a finished product I guess.

I cant for the life of me figure out how to load my ghost in License S10.

From reading this thread it seems it should be possible, but how ?

If I save my best lap. I can't seem to find any menu where I can load it again.

Its rather annoying that every time I start a session, that I don't have my previous best.

Back