Loading freezing issues?

  • Thread starter Thread starter English
  • 11 comments
  • 737 views
Messages
15
Messages
English--spartan
Hi was playing last night and a couple of times when it was loading and the GT5 icon was in the middle of the screen it would not exactly freeze but would just stay on that and not load the screen. I don't think it froze as it was still flashing and I could access the xmb. So I retired for the night. Now when I boot up it says could not establish connection to servers and is stuck on the start page where it shows you your cars with different backgrounds. I have no mouse pointer so can't click on anything. Any ideas??
 
i keep getting the same - "freezing" on the screen with the GT logo in the centre.
Each time I have to quit GT5 and then restart the game. It's a bit worrying as I hope it isn't a sign that my save is about to corrupt...

Wingers
 
I'm having the same issue. Did you ever figure out what the problem was?
 
Are you using original ps3's (20,40,60 gb's etc phats) as they seem to be having this problem then it develops into disc read errors ? The slims don't seem to be doing this
 
I have an 80gb phat. I hope it doesn't turn into a disc read error issue.
 
Oxford English Dictionary:

"Phat
Pronunciation:/fat/
adjective
black slang
*
excellent:a London crew with a really phat funk sound

Origin:

1970s (originally used to describe a woman, in the sense ‘sexy, attractive’): of uncertain origin"

Unless you are using black slang meaning you have a sexy or attractive PS3 i think you need to use the word 'fat' to describe the earlier large model opposed to the 'slim' ones.
 
I have a 60, and it did it once last night.
I had been playing for a while, so I just shut it down for the night.
No problems so far today, and Bob's been grinding since 5am .
 
Apparently a fat 60GB problem...I've been having the same issues and now thinking of swapping the HDD for a 120GB or a SSD. My PS3 says it has 16GB free but according to some, this is not enough for read/write functions of GT5.

Edit: Eventually, it does come around. It took 3 minutes for a car to get out of an oil change...
So I broke down and ordered a 320GB HDD replacement from Newegg. Waiting for a friend to loan me his portable to back up everything before I do surgery.
 
Last edited:
I just installed a replacement 320GB HDD as recommended in several threads in the forum. It's in the middle of restoring my backup data right now. I'm hoping this will eliminate the "freezing" problem or at least improve loading times for GT5.

I also just read that deleting BGM music files or folder fixes this problem. If it persists, I guess I'll try that "fix".

This install step by step was really helpful:https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110522
 
soundsl ike an internet issue, try disable ur online psn account and try it that way.
 
I have this issue aswell and mine is a brand new PS3 Slim 320gb model. Got it when GT5 came out. I think it might be to do with the amount of trading people are doing over on the market place. ppl with like 5+ accounts trading and most of them going for the X2010 so maybe that is clogging up the PD server ??? as nobody really traded when the game first came out cuz they couldn't dup, but ever since you could dup cars and stuff the game seems to be getting slower with the loading. Well thisi s what i think anyway cuz at certain times of the day everything is fine.
 
My 60 gig worked fine till the otherday, started freezing. I erased my music folder I had for my music, fixed it right up. That was the last thing I tried.
 
Back