Lobby problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alex 3074
  • 16 comments
  • 687 views
Messages
3,702
Messages
triggsie1
Is it just me ?
Ever since the last update I seem to be having trouble staying in my mates lobby . It takes soooo much longer to load in and if I'm lucky enough I might get 10 minutes before it disconnects me .
I've checked my nat level which is 2 and my band width is normal and so is his . Also I've notice people strugglerling to stay in my lobby if I make one , only certain people manage to stay in and others load up get in and are disconnected straight away :(
Can anybody shed any light on this for me ? Thanks in advance for any advice :)
 
You plugged in or wireless? Plug directly into your router maybe? I dunno I have issues but that's because I'm stealing internet :)
 
Wireless , it's doing my sweed in ..nothing else in my house which is wireless ever disconnects . It's driving me mental ... Lol
 
Alex 3074
Wireless , it's doing my sweed in ..nothing else in my house which is wireless ever disconnects . It's driving me mental ... Lol

Its very annoying. lol.

Alex has joined the room.

Alex has left the room.
 
wired also same , loading damn slow, stupid server
 
laughing73
wired also same , loading damn slow, stupid server

So this must have something to do with the last update ?
 
having the same issue occassionally (wired and wireless).
Try to clear your network cache (in GT5) and restart the PS3.
I guess though that its bad network code and that we cant really do anything against it.
 
Thaddaeus
having the same issue occassionally (wired and wireless).
Try to clear your network cache (in GT5) and restart the PS3.
I guess though that its bad network code and that we cant really do anything against it.

Yeah , I do that every couple of days but still no better , thanks mate :(
 
What internet company is it you use ?
 
Alex 3074

Call them and ask what connection is like. Problem could be at there end. We had problems with virgin media a lot last year and that was there end.
 
andy54321
Call them and ask what connection is like. Problem could be at there end. We had problems with virgin media a lot last year and that was there end.

Could but if that was the case would effect my laptop in anyway because that's never had thus problem ?
 
Alex 3074
Could but if that was the case would effect my laptop in anyway because that's never had thus problem ?

But the playstation would be using more data than the laptop i think. Your wifi router cant keep up with demand of the data needed therefore cutting you out. Lol im just going on and on now.
 
Port forward your PS3 on a static IP through your router.
 
hightyme
Port forward your PS3 on a static IP through your router.

How do I do that ? Sorry I'm not that great with the technicals :(
 
It's 1.10.
I blame the damn suits & helmets.
 
You have to open the interface for your router, assign a static IP outside of DHCP range. Then either DMZ that IP, or like I did, open ports for that IP. (google which ports to open for PS3, I forget the exact numbers) Then on your PS3, manually set in network settings to that IP & use OpenDNS as your DNS numbers. Should be fine after that. (Preferably, get on a wired connection)
 
Last edited:
Back