Lobby questions - race started, car class changed

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
A couple more stupid questions from me... I must be really thick but I just can't work out the menus and things...

In the manual, it clearly indicates that you can see the status of a room, and hence not waste time joining only to find a race is in progress. My screen just lists practice, race, practice/race (what does it mean when they're written together like that?) but no indication which is happening? I thought it was colour coded (white / blue) but trial and error with that didn't help either?

Also I see no mention of qualifying, I don't get that at all? All the rooms show combinations of the above but no qualie?

Lastly, I've only just started so only have a few cars.. I filter the lobby for, e.g. gr-x, then upon going to enter the track, I'm in violation for not driving a gr-3. WTF?

Probably I drink too much wine...

Cheers all 👍

There is no qualifying in the lobbies like "regular" races unless the lobby host sets it up that way. Additionally, some hosts change car and track specifications on the fly. You may think you are entering a GR3 lobby but when entering find it had changed to GR4. Unfortunately this does not change the "title" of the lobby. I hope this makes sense.

Don't fret too much. We all learn and figure things out in the long run. When I first started doing online races I would only count my first qualifying lap and spend the rest of the remaining time in the pits. I had no clue what I was doing. Some would say I still don't. :lol::lol::lol: But don't worry and don't give up. It will get better.

Keith.

Thanks a lot, Keith! OK so perhaps the dude did change the car class after I joined then..

I still keep finding racing already in progress.. so I switched to PC2 for a while, and every single room I join is locked on 'waiting'....FML, perhaps I need to learn to play Fortnite :lol:

There is a way to tell whether a lobby is in a race or not. I don't have any screenshots at the mo to show more clearly but in the bottom section of the lobby info, if you see some blue text after the white "Practice/Race/Endurance/Free Run" text, stating some like "Race (25 Laps)", then the lobby is currently in a race. If the blue text is just "Practice" or "Free Run", then they're not in a race

EDIT: Here's the pic. Look out for what the highlighted blue text says (if it exists, if it doesn't then there usually isn't a race going on.)

Last edited:
Many thanks, LaSupra, much appreciated..

I must have been unlucky with timings (or a glitch) as more than once I entered a practice coloured blue and couldn't get on-track.. But with this information I'll try again later... Cheers 👍

Latest Posts

Back