Lobby Race Gone Crazy

• Thread starter dnlnnhs
  • 3 comments
United States
MI
ongowa
I know we get some strange things happening in online races - primarily due to lag of the driver or servers, but this was something I had never seen before.

Two cars traded places by the car in front hopping straight up and back down behind the other car. Happened twice in the same race between the same two cars. Not to mention, they merged - I am not talking about ghosting, these are fully opaque cars. I saved the replay and got some race photos. The other thing was the same two cars traded places several times during the race.

HoppingCars1.jpg
HoppingCars2.jpg

MergedCars.jpg

This stuff has been happening going all the way back to GT5, which leads me to believe the netcode has hardly changed since then.

Do you happen to know if they could see each other on the track? because usually when this happens, one or both of the players cannot see each other, and the game sort of improvises on where to place the clipping cars.

I don't know if they could see one another on the track. I did comment at the end of the race, and no one responded - so maybe they did not. Of course my replay shows it from their car if I change camera cars, but I think it is still really from my perspective - I think.

I saw something similar to that 2 or 3 weeks ago but on my saved replay they both appeared normal, I remember seeing in the race one of the cars overtaking the other going inside it and on the replay it was a normal overtaking in the brake zone, so pretty much GT5 stuff

Back