Lobby Rolling Start Auto-Drive Bug

• Thread starter Guffaluff
  • 11 comments
Iceland
Iceland
Guffaluff
Hello all :)

I feel like the lobby bugs don't gather much attention, despite being a major problem.

I haven't seen anything regarding this bug following the 1.28 update, and won't be be home in a while to try it out.

Has anyone tried it and can confirm if the bug persists or has been fixed?

Can't say I've tested it, we've got far to used to grid starts now to go back,
nice to see someone else mention it though, I too feel like this needs more attention, seems to be going unnoticed somehow

Can't say I've tested it, we've got far to used to grid starts now to go back,
nice to see someone else mention it though, I too feel like this needs more attention, seems to be going unnoticed somehow

I feel like it is. I just managed to test it, and it's still there :(. It's a a major bug and should've been fixed by now.

I'm hosting a Gr.4 league race tonight and usually do rolling starts for Gr.4 for fair play, as there can be a difference between different drivetrains in the start. Rolling starts were used to eliminate any advantage in grid starts.

Guess just hoping for next update to fix it.

This was posted by someone else and I have not tried it out yet.

But supposedly if you create your race from scratch in the Settings the auto drive bug goes away.
Hey Rinsky, What do you mean "from scratch"? Do you mean we should not use a saved lobby set up?

Sorry for the dumb question. LOL

Just did the league race, and just saw these comments now. We just went for the grid start this time, but I'll try the workaround when I have the chance. This was the last Gr.4 race of our season though so I'm out of the woods for now :D

Last race will be 2hrs @ Nordschleife in Gr.3, and we always do Grid Start with Gr.3.

Hey Rinsky, What do you mean "from scratch"? Do you mean we should not use a saved lobby set up?

He the problem could be that when you make a lobby, you are saving it for the next time. So next time when you start the lobby, you “load” the one you saved. Meanwhile the game has had some updates, also unknown updates. Since PD is not open with all the changes they might change things in lobbies as well.

So if something in the lobby is changed, and you are loading an old saved one, there could be a conflict (bug). So the solution could be after each update from PD delete your old saves and make a new lobby from scratch and then save it.

Hope this helps.

I said “could” since I dont know if this is a solution for everybody. But it seems logical.

Exactly.

If you are referring to the rolling starts not working then I have a fix for you. Delete your saved lobby settings. Make new ones and save those. Your rolling starts will work again.

Well, I tested what @ynot and @Rinsky suggested and can confirm that it eliminates the stuck in autodrive problem.

Thanks guys.:cheers:

It was happening to us last night. I suspect connection issues with one of the players who has iffy internet, but it wasn't only happening with him.

But I think the host was using copied data for the room.

Back