Local bands that made it big...Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter CDailey
  • 20 comments
  • 784 views
Messages
13,813
United States
Alabama
Are there any bands that made it big that are from your town?

I can name 2 (and possibly a 3rd).

Yellowcard
Spider

Both are from Jacksonville, Florida.

The third band, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, is trying to get a local rock station to play their music. Hopefully they will make it big because they are good. :D

www.redjumpsuit.com if anyone is interested

Anyway, were there any bands that made it big that are from your town?
 
My town...eh?

Disturbed and Chevelle came from Chicago, and there are plenty others.

Where I live now, basically a big fat no
 
Integra Type R
I can name 2 (and possibly a 3rd).

Yellowcard
Spider

Both are from Jacksonville, Florida.
I like Yellowcard´s songs. Never heard of Spider though.

And no bands from my town.
 
Spider was a one-hit-wonder. Made it big nonetheless though.
 
I'll have to ask my dad. There was a huge band member I used to live next door to. I **** you not. I don't remember who though.
 
Silverchair lived about an hour north of me if that counted. But they aren't in my "Bands I Like" section, so bleh.
 
Rush started out in Toronto in the late 60s/early 70s.
 
Puddle of Mud is about the only band I can think of from Kansas City that made it big.
 
Prozack Staple is a local band that has shows coming up with bands like Slayer, Killswitch Engage, Mastodon, and a few others...

I used to live in Seattle (a long time ago) so here are some of the most popular bands out of Sea-Town...

Alice in Chains (RIP Layne)
Soundgarden
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Mudhoney

to name a few...


;)
 
Jimmy Eat World came out of Phoenix, where I lived for about a month when I was three, but other than that, no.

Jimmy Eat World concert tomorrow, by the way. :)
 
The Pixies are from Boston. The same with Godsmack, Morphine and They Might Be Giants. I know Aerosmith, J. Geils Band, Marky Mark and New Kids on the Block are all from Boston, too.

Plus, I'm sure a number of bands met at Berklee College of Music in Boston. Dream Theater being one of them, I think. Quincy Jones, Steve Vai, Kevin Eubanks ( 👍 ) and John Mayer went to Berklee, too.
 
Aren't all bands local bands that made it big? (:

I'm from Little Rock (area) and we've got Evanescence (or however the turd they spell their damn name).
 
Umm from my province, we got Sum 41, Billy Talent, Avril Lavigne, and I'm not to sure who else made it big.
 
LoudMusic
Aren't all bands local bands that made it big? (:

I'm from Little Rock (area) and we've got Evanescence (or however the turd they spell their damn name).

Ooohhh... I'm sorry man... There must be some other bands from your area...



;)
 
silviadrifter
Alice in Chains (RIP Layne)
Soundgarden
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Mudhoney

to name a few...


;)
Thats right dude, but still my favorite bands, or at lest a few, originated from where I'm from.
I live in Seattle, but I was born in LA, CA

Some good LA bands:
Slayer
Metallica (LA or San Francisco, don't remember?)
Megadeth
Motley Crue
 
gtavcfan
Thats right dude, but still my favorite bands, or at lest a few, originated from where I'm from.
I live in Seattle, but I was born in LA, CA

Some good LA bands:
Slayer
Metallica (LA or San Francisco, don't remember?)
Megadeth
Motley Crue

Is there a Slayer Concert Happenning in Seattle?... With Mastodon, Killswitch Engage, and Prozack Staple...

;)
 
silviadrifter
Is there a Slayer Concert Happenning in Seattle?... With Mastodon, Killswitch Engage, and Prozack Staple...

;)
I don't know about Prozck Staple-dudes, but I know that Slayer, Killswitch Engage, and Mastadon will be in Seattle.

The Jagermeister Tour.
 
Swollen Members, Kyprios, Abstract Rude, Rascalz, Moka Only.........Vancouver/Victoria Woot Woot!!
 
The Urge is the only one I'm proud of. That damn Story of the Year is also from St. Louis.
 
Simple Plan!!! OH YEAH!!

Isn't Avril Lavigne a quebecois? She doesn't count cause nobody likes her.
 
Back