- 94
- cypher2004
The game has frozen on me at least 10 times already and the further I get into the game the more worried I become that one day I will get the "save corrupt" message. And I'm not too keen on the idea of losing hours upon hours of leveling up and golding my licenses.
I had the misfortune of already losing my Playstation once due to it just dying (I suppose it's called YLOD). Even having the full backup of the system did not help because you cannot restore it onto a different Playstation just because each console encrypts its file system with a different key/hash.
As you all probably know, the save games in this game are locked, which means you cannot back them up or in simple terms copy them to your thumb drive. That means that in case something happens to your console, you lose everything you've achieved this far.
I believe that if many people start bugging and asking Kazunori about this, he will do something. In the era of cloud storage and online profiles, I really do not understand why our data is not logged online, just like Call of Duty does it for their multiplayer games. This way they could still lock the save games as much as they want but we would be sure that if we have to go to our friend's house and play GT5 with out profile, we could do it. If we suddenly lost our Playstation, we could just get a new one and continue playing.
Therefore, I suggest we do something about it. Either voice enough opinions here and send a link to Kaz on Twitter, or we just all start bugging the hell out of him on Twitter.
With all the online features the game already has (e.g. the NFS log ripoff) it wouldn't be difficult for them to start saving our profiles online.
Speak out!
I had the misfortune of already losing my Playstation once due to it just dying (I suppose it's called YLOD). Even having the full backup of the system did not help because you cannot restore it onto a different Playstation just because each console encrypts its file system with a different key/hash.
As you all probably know, the save games in this game are locked, which means you cannot back them up or in simple terms copy them to your thumb drive. That means that in case something happens to your console, you lose everything you've achieved this far.
I believe that if many people start bugging and asking Kazunori about this, he will do something. In the era of cloud storage and online profiles, I really do not understand why our data is not logged online, just like Call of Duty does it for their multiplayer games. This way they could still lock the save games as much as they want but we would be sure that if we have to go to our friend's house and play GT5 with out profile, we could do it. If we suddenly lost our Playstation, we could just get a new one and continue playing.
Therefore, I suggest we do something about it. Either voice enough opinions here and send a link to Kaz on Twitter, or we just all start bugging the hell out of him on Twitter.
With all the online features the game already has (e.g. the NFS log ripoff) it wouldn't be difficult for them to start saving our profiles online.
Speak out!