Logitech DFGT wheel issue help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Azabear6
  • 9 comments
  • 740 views

Azabear6

Premium
Messages
538
Australia
Australia
Messages
Azabear
As a dedicated ds3 user I recently dragged my wheel out for something different. My problem is the wheel is not working. All buttons, pedals work except for steering inputs. I have tried resetting the controls etc but nothing helps. The wheel is out of warranty and was working fine on gt5. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what was done to rectify the problem if possible. Any tips, links etc would be greatly appreciated. Regards
 
I know you probably checked all your connections, but do it again. when i had my dfgt had the same thing, may be open up the wheel unit and blow any dust out. Just turning my wheel unit upside down actually got me going a couple of times.
 
Make sure you have no controllers active when you fire up the game as well.
 
Try unplugging all the connections power off ps3 hook up everything and power on the ps3 and let it calibrate thn start the game don't push any buttons until it calibrates on ps3 startup and game start up, I had the same problem when gt6 came out I hooked it all up while gt6 was running. When this happened I could use x and stuff but nothing else
 
How old is your wheel @aliengamer25? Pending on the age of your wheel you'll have to do one of two things.
 
OK. It's a easy fix if you're willing to open the from of the wheel open and do a little soldering. The board for the buttons is fine, its the four wires that go to the back of it. You'll need to heat the solder to remove the wires from the board. Remove only 1/8 of the wire and re solder to the board, from the twisting the end wires to the board have become torn. You can also go to Micro Center and buy another 4 wire female to male wire system. If you choose to solder take a picture or do a drawing of where the wire ends are placed.
 
Before you go pulling your wheel apart, the first thing to check is that you have no DS3 controller switched on. Or if you have a DS3 turned on (easier for browsing menus and tuning) always set the DS3 to controller 2.
If that doesn't work, then look at doing what Zuel said.
 
Also make sure the wheel is getting power. (If plugged into power bar, make sure bar is on, and check outlet with another device)
 
Thanks for the help all I'll let you know how I go. Cheers
 
Back