Logitech DFGT Wheel Problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crazed_Coupe
  • 6 comments
  • 741 views
Messages
1,526
Messages
Crazed_Coupe
I hope I can get my question across to you GTP users because I know you guys can help me on this one. I recently figured out that as I would enter a corner the front wheels on my car no matter what kind of drive train, whether it be FR, MR, or AWD would start to smoke up and they would continue to do so throughout the entire corner until I began to exit in a straight line. I figured it was just a problem with a car until I began to realize that if I turned the wheel over itself numerous times that the front tires would almost "lock up" or "get stuck" going through the turn, so I tried to just barley turn the wheel to the left or right and no tire smoke at all in the corners but it did seem to slow me down because I couldn't turn the wheel as much as I wanted for sharp turns or even some big ones where I still needed to rotate the wheel more to successfully complete it which made front tire smoke once again! Is there any way I can adjust these setting or something along those lines to make the wheel a bit "better" so my front tires don't smoke up in every single corner or should I just learn to slow down and not rotate the wheel as much throughout the corner? :confused:
 
I rarely find the need to steer the wheel more than 180 degrees during a race. You just need to get used to the amount of steering angle required for each type of corners and don't steer more than you need.

What your doing reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy4kPODqv58

He's basically putting the steering on full lock and expecting the car to turn. :banghead:

Tires grip best with a bit of slip angle but even hairpin turns do not need full lock to negotiate them.
 
I rarely find the need to steer the wheel more than 180 degrees during a race. You just need to get used to the amount of steering angle required for each type of corners and don't steer more than you need.

What your doing reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy4kPODqv58

He's basically putting the steering on full lock and expecting the car to turn. :banghead:

Tires grip best with a bit of slip angle but even hairpin turns do not need full lock to negotiate them.

Thank you so much for your answer, i'll just have to learn how to not lock up the wheel to the left or right! That does look exactly like what's happening to my Audi! :lol:
 
What steering sensitivity setting are you using? I find higher values (6 or 7) are best
 
Generally speaking, when you hear the tires scream you are turning too much at too high speed. And even though a small degree of steering too much can in fact improve cornering, it's devastating for the front tyre durability.

You can also tell by the force feedback, when there is much resistance in the wheel, you have grip on the front tires. When you are steering too much you will notice that the resistance will decrease and the wheel will be easier to turn - that means that you are losing grip. Try and adjust speed and steering input so you always have as much resistance as possible when turning.

A good way to practice that is to do some laps in a low powered car and on comfort tires, you will get to know your wheel pretty good by that :)
 
I had the same problem when i got my wheel as i was on level 35 so i went back to the begining and started again with the low powered cars like he said
i found this really helped.
 
For me, the expert challenges gave been a good learning experience
 
Back