Logitech DFGT Wheel

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crazed_Coupe
  • 8 comments
  • 945 views
Messages
1,526
Messages
Crazed_Coupe
I just recently bought this wheel at my local Fry's store and I have to say it's been a fantastic wheel so far for it's great price of only $140 with tax but I just recently found a big problem IMO with the wheel. I switched to cockpit view and turned the wheel all the way to the right and "Bob" in the car stopped way before my wheel was done spinning? I think this may be what some people call a "dead zone" and is there any way to fix this problem so that I won't be turning the wheel an extra useless however many degrees my wheel goes once "Bob has stopped spinning the wheel? I hope this made some sort of sense and someone can give me an answer, thanks GTP guys & girls! :)
 
Unfortunately you can't because the DFGT is a 900 degree only wheel. Normal road cars/ production cars usually have a 900 degree steering. On the G25/27 you can change this to 200 degree, what most race cars have. It's not a dead zone...
 
Well I was driving a production road car and it happened..
 
Ok, then in game all/most (I don't know) have 200 degree, but the DFGT only has 900, so you will always have it like this...
 
It not a dead zone, PD had trouble with the animation of bob moving his hands quick enough and in time with what you're doing. Like you turn right then left quickly, bob was moving his hands more to turn right and your already turning left, I've heard this explenation before but anyway, try take a car to TGTT and try turning with a street car with the wheel in different positions, you'll then be able tell whether all that wheel turning you're doing is actually doing anything.
 
Oh. Dont worry. Theres no issue. Despite what your driver's hands are doing the front wheels sre turning. Go to third person view and then click the look back button and hold it. Now turn the DFGT wheel all the way lock to lock and youll see the front wheels keep turning. until the DFGT stops
 
It's only an animation like said above, there is no adjustment in GT5 to change the rotation degree on the DFGT or G27, dont know what he's on about. All the 900 degrees of your wheel are used ingame, it just shows Bob using 180.
 
Back