Logitech Driving Force EX - F1CE

• Thread starter Fluffball
  • 7 comments
Hi all,

Just joined the forum.

I've been totally hooked on F1 2006 for a while and i've just bought myself a PS3...What can i say...WOW!!! I haven't slept for days ;-)

Anyways,i've always raced with my dualshock but i'm thinking of buying a steering wheel.I have a budget of £50,and i was wondering if you could perhaps advise as to wether the wheel in the thread title is decent enough.The main thing is that i don't want to turn the thing 2 times lock to lock...ideally,i'd like a 180 degree wheel lock on it and i believe this one has this.

Also,is it easy to get used to using a wheel??

Many thanks

Fluff

HI how you going .don't think I can help with the cost as I'm in Aus but as for along time WHEEL user you need to spend a bit of time getting used to it ,but IMO it's well worth it .I use a logitech driving force pro and on GT it's a 900 degree and on f1ce it's a 150degree or there abouts.Hope that helps ,see you in the weekly hot laps.

Thanks zed...

I think i will buy one and see how it goes.I've no doubt it will take some getting used to as i've always used the dualshock for driving games...

The DFEX works very well with F1CE, from my experience.
The only disadvantage is that the pedals are rather crap.

I used to have a driving force ex and imo it is a very poor wheel. Maybe there was a fault with the wheel but I couldn't drive in a straight line :crazy:

I then went and got a Driving Force Pro, and this wheel was superb. It locked at 180 Degrees full turn. But then I wanted something more and went for a Driving Force GT. At first I didn't like the wheel because it never locked at 200 Degrees, however it felt much better taking turns with this wheel. I can now do some crazy times in F1 with this wheel 👍

Oh I am actually selling this wheel now because I am looking for a G25 now :lol:

Back