Logitech Driving Force GT - Problem with buttons

• Thread starter MonteXMat
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Logitech Driving Force GT, where all the buttons work, but only when the wheel is in a certain position.
Sometimes all the buttons will activate, while turning the wheel.
Does anyone know what component could be causing this and how I can fix it?

Here's a video too.

Thanks all!

Definitely sounds like there's something wrong with the connection between the PCB beneath the wheel's faceplate and the main circuit board inside the base. Your best bet is to start disassembling the entire wheel and check if there's any loose connectors or cut wires.

Hello! I have the same problem, but the picture you send doesn't open up. So if you could tell me which cable was that, you would help me out a lot. Thanks in advance

Hello! I have the same problem, but the picture you send doesn't open up. So if you could tell me which cable was that, you would help me out a lot. Thanks in advance
This short video shows how to remove the cap, four screws and wheel to expose what I would presume is the connector that @MonteXMat was talking about.

Hope this helps :)

Thank you, tomorrow I will look into it. If the cable would be broken, where could I buy new ones?
I don't like your chances of getting a replacement but with any luck it might have just popped out, like what seems to have happened to the other persons wheel, and you can just push it back in.

If not and the wire is actually broken I'd re-solder it back together, perhaps with a short extender piece if needed, and then insulate it again with some electrical tape (heat shrink is better but most people don't have it laying around). If you don't feel confident in re-soldering you could probably get it done at an electrical repairers or maybe you know someone that can solder.

Back