Logitech Driving Force Pro will it work with Ferrari Challenge

GTP_MaxAttack
I've just purchased a second hand copy of FC whilst on a short break from work, on reading through the booklet I see that it doesn't mention any support for the Logitech Driving Force Pro steering wheel. Can anyone confirm if this wheel will work with this game or have i just wasted 12 hard earned pounds?

I've played the game with the wheel now, the only issue I seem to be having is when I'm trying to downshift using the button on the back of the wheel, occasionally the game does not respond leaving me in too high a gear for the approaching corner quite often resulting in me going a bit wide.

Does this happen to anyone else?

I've played the game with the wheel now, the only issue I seem to be having is when I'm trying to downshift using the button on the back of the wheel, occasionally the game does not respond leaving me in too high a gear for the approaching corner quite often resulting in me going a bit wide.

Does this happen to anyone else?

This could be because you're changing gears too early. If the engine revs are too high you will get a nasty clunking sound & shift will not take place.

You are right biggles, it was just me being a bit too enthusiastic with my downshifts, everything seems to be working fine now. All thats left for me to do is get the hang of these new circuits, which should keep me occupied for a while and will take my mind of the lack of new activity surrounding the mighty gt5. Many thanks guys, hope to see you all online in the not too distant future.

;)

This is actually one of the "realistic" features of FC compared to GT5P (which allows you to change gears wildly with no real consequences). With time you will learn to find the sweet spot with each car, on each course, for braking & gear shifting.

Have fun learning the tracks! Bear in mind, that although there aren't very many different cars, & they are all Ferraris, there is a very significant difference in the performance & handling of the various cars in FC, so it actually takes a long time to learn to drive fast in this game. 👍

Back