Logitech G2* or Logitech driving force GT

  • Thread starter Thread starter taz2taz2taz2
  • 5 comments
  • 2,418 views
Messages
10
Hi all,

I've got a nagging query which has bugged me ever since i got gt5.

I've been playing it with my logitech G25 and it is really good however i feel its lacking a bit of feel. Some reviews i've read with them using the driving force GT praise its feedback so it would be really good to hear feedback from those who have used both wheels.

Note: I have my force strength set to 5.
 
As far as I know, G25, G27 and DFGT have the same internals, so I doubt feedback is better on the DFGT. I have a DFGT and a red Momo. Like them both, the red Momo's feedback is a bit heavier (which I like)
 
Thanks for your info.

Fair enough if their hardware is similar, I dont think I made my opening post clear enough.

We all know the DFGT is fully supported in GT5, and the GT25/7 are just compatible, I therefore want to know if there is a difference in the feedback when it comes to both wheels?
 
I believe there is a big difference in the internals between DFGT and the G series wheels. The G27 has 2 feedback motors (DFGT has 1), the DFGT has square-edged gears while the G27 has angle-edged gears. I have been playing on a DFGT for a year and think it's a fantastic wheel, but amd getting the G27 for Xmas. :D
 
My problem with GT is although the physics are improved I don't feel the force feedback matches it. My favourite 'feel' sim is Live For Speed and GT feels numb compared to that and Race On etc. I listen and see my grip reduce as I run wide or power the back end but I don't feel it to the same extent.

I feel of grip in the snow tracks isn't realistic IMO, way too much resistance. The fact I've been driving in real snow for 3 days has really highlighted this.
 
I have been playing on a DFGT for a year and think it's a fantastic wheel, but amd getting the G27 for Xmas.

StigsHero, I definately want to hear your views on feedback and feel when driving as you will have experience between the officially supported and compatible wheel!

Boxing day, I will be chucking you an email!

My problem with GT is although the physics are improved I don't feel the force feedback matches it. My favourite 'feel' sim is Live For Speed and GT feels numb compared to that and Race On etc. I listen and see my grip reduce as I run wide or power the back end but I don't feel it to the same extent.

mekonrider, what wheel do you use? This is exactly how I feel! Probably the best racing experience i've had was with a Microsoft sidewinder with Live for speed!

I've been reading reviews where people have felt GT5 to be the best racing sim they've experienced and are describings things with the DFGT that I just dont feel with my G25. Obviously personal opinion varies but it would be good to get a view from someone who has used both.
 
Last edited:
Back