Logitech G25 paddles suddenly not working

• Thread starter jonito
  • 0 comments
Dominican Republic
Dominican Republic
Hello there guys, I've been reading a lot on this forum for a while now trying to find a solution for my very sudden and mysterious problem. Borrowed an old G25 from a friend and used it for a couple days to great satisfaction. Stored in the closet it about a week ago and connected it again today for some F1 2020. Turns out the paddles were not working at all, nor were the buttons on the front of the wheel (the original G25 wheel). At first, the game didn't recognize the paddles at all. Then I checked with Project Cars 3 to see if the hand shifter worked and it did, but it started giving me glitchy gear up signals after a minute or two. I opened the profiler to check, assuming the paddles and the buttons on the wheel would go yellow if it was working but it didn't respond at all, until the right paddle started glitching randomly just like in Project Cars.

I took it apart in order to check if something was disconnected, even tho I didn't even move or stress it very much from the table to the closet. Everything seemed ok inside, just like I expected, including the plugs and pins for the paddles and buttons on the wheel. Put it back together, connected it once more only for it to fail again.

Might take it apart again tomorrow to double check and take some photos for you guys who might have more experience than me with these kinds of issues. It seems very unlikely that something in the circuit board might've magically died since everything else is working to perfection and I wasn't even using it.

Would appreciate it if any of you could help me or alleviate my confusion as to how do electronics like this die from a day to the other, even when they are not being used at all.

Thank you.

Back