logitech g27 gear shift doesn't work in GT4 on PS2

• Thread starter tlkbnn25
  • 14 comments
Hi

I've just bought the logitech g27 wheel, and I'm not able to shift gears with the gear stick in Gran Turismo 4 on PS2. Only the side paddles work. The clutch and the gear stick don't work.

I looked in the options to change it and searched forums, but wasn't able to find anything.

Is is it possible to change it from from the side paddles to the H shift?

Kind regards and thanks for all your help

Andre

You can use the sequential mode though.
And the shifter can be set up as a handbrake.
For rally I set up the paddle shifter like normal and then to use the handbrake you pulled back on the stick, and pushed forward to shift up. That allowed me to upshift whilst I was crossed with my hands.

You can use the sequential mode though.
And the shifter can be set up as a handbrake.
No, it can't. The G27 does not, and cannot, have a sequential shifter. It has a 6 speed H shifter and paddles behind the wheel.

The G25 has a switch that can change the H shifter to a sequential shifter. The G27 does not.

On a side note, how does the game feel with the G25/G27 wheel? Does it have good force feedback? How's the input and analog steering feeling is it fairly precise?

On a side note, how does the game feel with the G25/G27 wheel? Does it have good force feedback? How's the input and analog steering feeling is it fairly precise?
Its not great tbh.
Compared to modern games, Kitten is correct. For it's time though it's good. (10 years ago? Wow.) The game simulates it as a Driving Force Pro so no clutch or anything special.

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I know better than to expect iRacing or even Real Feel level of FFB quality, but it sounds like the FFB is adequate for the sim-cade style that the GT games are known for. For the record, I really love FFB in Codemasters games, particularly GRID 2.

Out of curiosity, what steering wheels do you guys(Kitten and Ameer67) use for GT4? I am waiting on PC direct drive FFB wheel known as the OSW. It's 20NM of pure raw torque and there are no belts or gears, just a direct drive mechanism from the motor itself.

Can't wait to see how it feels in GT4.

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I know better than to expect iRacing or even Real Feel level of FFB quality, but it sounds like the FFB is adequate for the sim-cade style that the GT games are known for. For the record, I really love FFB in Codemasters games, particularly GRID 2.

Out of curiosity, what steering wheels do you guys(Kitten and Ameer67) use for GT4? I am waiting on PC direct drive FFB wheel known as the OSW. It's 20NM of pure raw torque and there are no belts or gears, just a direct drive mechanism from the motor itself.

Can't wait to see how it feels in GT4.

G27.

I upgraded to the G27 in November of last year! :lol:

@isamu, I'm interested in seeing how the OSW will work out too. 👍

Shouldn't be long now....I decided to go with the Bodnar SimSteering V2 DD wheel rather than the OSW. Just received it in the mail and am itching to try it out. Unfortunately I'm still waiting on othjer parts to complete my frame rig(80/20 pieces, pedal parts, etc). Once those things are all in place I'll start racing and will give my impressions. If the FFB signal being driven from the game is coded properly as it should, I see no reason why a DD wheel won't benefit greatly from it. We'll see :)

Back