Logitech G27 mis-alignment issue

Australia
Australia
Nauraushaun
Hello.
I've gotten myself a Logitech G27. It's pretty great, but there seem to be some flaws with how PD have put it in the game.
The biggest issue is that if I rip some mad drifts, the wheel quickly comes out of alignment. It ends up sitting about 1/8th of a turn to the right, which the game considers to be in a straight line.
I can fix it by un-plugging it and plugging it back in, at which point it does its turny alignment thing, but it happens every 2-3 minutes. Extremely annoying.

Does this only happen to me? Should I return it?

I have had my G27 for about 9 months now, I have never been gentle with it and have never had any alignment issues. Personally I would recomend contacting Logitech to find out whats going on.

Yeah man, I think you should contact the dealer, I think you got a dud :( ..not a usually problem at all?

I've had mine almost 3 years, since Prologue and never had this happen. I do, however, see problems when going from full lock, not so much as permanent (resorting to unplugging) but temporary misalignment. It usually centres when I get the tires to stop spinning. I normally try to keep it a just before full lock just to be on the safe side.

That's it, I'm contacting Logitech.
I'm not overly rough with it, but at the same time, high-speed drifts require lightning fast reaction times, often going from lock to lock.
But it's not always when I'm doing that sort of thing, it happens pretty much whenever I have to correct any sort of extreme slide.

I never owned a g27 but im sure you can recalibrate your wheel either in gt5 or in the ps3 settings, but like i said im no wheel expert and i could just be spitting nonsense :/

Hello.
I've gotten myself a Logitech G27. It's pretty great, but there seem to be some flaws with how PD have put it in the game.
The biggest issue is that if I rip some mad drifts, the wheel quickly comes out of alignment. It ends up sitting about 1/8th of a turn to the right, which the game considers to be in a straight line.
I can fix it by un-plugging it and plugging it back in, at which point it does its turny alignment thing, but it happens every 2-3 minutes. Extremely annoying.

Does this only happen to me? Should I return it?

🤬 I had that start to happen on a Microsoft wheel. It broke about a month later. Still covered under warranty? Get it in, soon, before the warranty's up, man. Don't take the risk.

I used to check on the Logitech forum and I think it is a fairly common problem with g25 / g27.

That's it, I'm contacting Logitech.
I'm not overly rough with it, but at the same time, high-speed drifts require lightning fast reaction times, often going from lock to lock.
But it's not always when I'm doing that sort of thing, it happens pretty much whenever I have to correct any sort of extreme slide.

Way to go. I found them extremely accommodating & trusting. 👍 They didn't even want the first wheel back - just pictures of the thing destroyed the way they wanted. I had my new wheel within a week. (And it was sent from overseas.) :)

Last edited:
That's incredible, a very positive experience Jaywalker.
It's under warranty, less than a month old. I'll be contacting them.

had the same with my G25, common problem, also pieces of the plastic housing just break.

Mine is out of warranty, Logitech won't replace anything (they can't even provide spare part support like screws etc, they dont have anything)

they said they'll give me a 25% discount on any near as good as the G25 product....since there's only the G27 I hope that discount still works when my G25 finally breaks completely.....then I can modify the G25 shifter to work with the G27 (for sequential shifting if needed,not that hard to do lol)

maybe its because I'm in Germany, we usually get screwed over alot because we dont complain enough lol.

To fix the alignment issue you have to to a little bit more of work.

The problem is that the wheels incremental sensor board is screwed directly to one of the motors (I think its the left one, obvious when wheel has been opened)

the screws untighten themselfs just that much that the board gets mis-aligned so the incremental sensor wheel doesnt sit directly in front of the light sensor anymore.

Therefore (after flicks, drifts, opposite locks) the wheel incremental logic thinks the wheel is aligned but actually it isnt.

you can barely feel how the board moves about, but it does. Sometimes (in my case) the sensor wheel brakes.

This can be a major problem because as I already said, Logitech sucks when it comes to spare parts.

Luckily the broken sensor wheel doesnt has any effect in my case

To fix the problem with the screws you have to disassemble the wheel, untighten the incremental board screws (I think it was 2) one after other and add some Loctite to them (of the blue ones, I used the weakest and it worked, maybe you should use the second strongest blue Loctite)

But only when youre out of warranty.

there was a tutorial somewhere but I cant find it atm -.-

EDIT:

Found it...its in German though!

http://jlvrh.de/G27.htm

http://jlvrh.de/design/Sensor_Rep.pdf

picture of the sensor board

G27_17.jpg

Last edited:
I just had the same problem, told PD they argued to use teh disc to allign and Im on PS3 so they just replaced it so - GET IT REPLACED ITS JUNK

I've had a G27 for awhile now and I love it,and its definetly out of warranty. Mine is always cocked to one side or the other when in the menus but when racing it seems fine. It doesn't pull one way or the other,but I'm now wondering if I should take it apart and check that alignment plate thing? Or should I not worry about it? I have also read that that laser eye goes bad but is replaceable,is that true?

I've had a G27 for awhile now and I love it,and its definetly out of warranty. Mine is always cocked to one side or the other when in the menus but when racing it seems fine. It doesn't pull one way or the other,but I'm now wondering if I should take it apart and check that alignment plate thing? Or should I not worry about it? I have also read that that laser eye goes bad but is replaceable,is that true?

I would download an install the software for the wheel and see if it's mis-aligned. Mine usually sits a bit to the right after I first calibrate it when powering it on. I checked it with the software, even with it "cocking" right, and it showed no signs of mis-alignment. I might look a bit off but in actuality, it's still sitting in the dead zone.

Anyone else with issues should really plug it in your computer and use the software, it'll show you if everything's working good or not (buttons, pedals, shifter, wheel).

Here's the link: Logitech G27 Software

I do have the PC disc that came with the wheel so I'll plug it in a check that. I kinda figured it was in the dead zone because I haven't had any problems with it. Thanks for the advice!

All I know is if it broke tomarrow I'd buy another ASAP! Because it brings the game to life,definetly worth the money!

the software will say its proper aligned because the wheel says it is.....see post I made about incremental alignment sensor.

I forgot to mention, when you flick the wheel and it becomes mis-aligned and you unplug it and plug it back in the USB port, it aligns itself back to the middle......until you flick it again.

put loctite on screws....problem solved (and hope the incremental wheel isnt broken to pieces)

and theres no laser or such thing, just an LED

Back