Logitech g29 options button

• Thread starter Mixolydian
  • 8 comments
Hallo,

I'm having a lot of trouble pushing the options button when something goes wrong, eg spinning, crashing etc.
The wheel is moving a lot and I just can't push that button. Sometimes I'm lucky, but most of the times, I push
the share button or the PS button. The location is terrible! Does someone know a modification to assign it to
another button or add a phyical mod?
Ofcourse it's not the most important thing in driving, but it annoys me a lot.

TIA

Hallo,

I'm having a lot of trouble pushing the options button when something goes wrong, eg spinning, crashing etc.
The wheel is moving a lot and I just can't push that button. Sometimes I'm lucky, but most of the times, I push
the share button or the PS button. The location is terrible! Does someone know a modification to assign it to
another button or add a phyical mod?
Ofcourse it's not the most important thing in driving, but it annoys me a lot.

TIA
Hahaha I've been dealing with that same issues since day one with the wheel I say I share when I meant to hit options 3 out of 5 times you can macro it to perform a certain keystroke or just remove it completely if you plug it into laptop off of the Logitech g firmware if I'm not mistaken.. I never changed mine either I just deal with it

It's not a problem on pc ofcourse. Assigninng the buttons there is easy.
It's a problem on ps4 and especially GT. But I guess I have to deal with either

It's not a problem on pc ofcourse. Assigninng the buttons there is easy.
It's a problem on ps4 and especially GT. But I guess I have to deal with either
You could try making something that would keep you from hitting these 2 buttons, maybe taking small lego blocks and cutting the tops off so you can use them and strapping them to the wheel.

Well, that's not an option for me. Those buttons are needed for other purposes.
Fanatec and Thrustmaster have situated the option buttons nearby the thumbs, so you
can push them real quick while making a mistake. I'm looking for a mod or a scheme to
relocate the button. The best thing would be to have a button that's not on the wheel itself.
But it's not going to happen. I have searched the internet and found nothing. In a while I'll
upgrade my set to Fanatec.

Well, that's not an option for me. Those buttons are needed for other purposes.
Fanatec and Thrustmaster have situated the option buttons nearby the thumbs, so you
can push them real quick while making a mistake. I'm looking for a mod or a scheme to
relocate the button. The best thing would be to have a button that's not on the wheel itself.
But it's not going to happen. I have searched the internet and found nothing. In a while I'll
upgrade my set to Fanatec.
That's why I said to cut the tops off so you could use them, yes it would not be easy as you would need a stylus pen to use these buttons. Better than fighting the other option.

The wheel is moving a lot and I just can't push that button.
I'll be honest with you. If you're already spinning or crashing, it doesn't matter how long it takes you to hit that button. Relax, straighten your wheel, hit the button. Trying to find it when it's moving around on you is just gonna make things worse.

That's why I said to cut the tops off so you could use them, yes it would not be easy as you would need a stylus pen to use these buttons. Better than fighting the other option.

I understand you, but I have already found my solution:idea:
I attached my Nacon Daija Arcade Stick, placed it on a suitable location nearby my wheel and
I now use that option button. Problem solved finally:)
Thank you for your idea.

I'll be honest with you. If you're already spinning or crashing, it doesn't matter how long it takes you to hit that button. Relax, straighten your wheel, hit the button. Trying to find it when it's moving around on you is just gonna make things worse.

You are absolutely right!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back