Logitech G29 or Thrustmaster T300RS (PS4)

• Thread starter Timm
  • 15 comments
United Kingdom
Barnsley South Yorkshire
Hi Guys,
I appreciate that this question always pops up here and there but since getting GTS I thought I would ask you long term players if you had a choice between either the Logitech G29 wheel or the Thrustmaster T300RS wheel what would buy? (Budget £350). Also from another angle if you already had the G29 and was thinking in upgrading to the T300RS would there be any difference driving GTS?

Depends on how much money you want to spend on a ...controller.
If money is an issue then G 29 is cheaper (also have better pedals).
If money is not an issue then T300RS is overall better (but has worse pedals).
If your choice would be to get the TM and upgrade to a better pedal set (most people do that) then I'd say the best solution would be a ...FANATEC ;)

For being able to walk in to your local pcworld or argos or wherever and pickup a G29, and also have the logitech 2 year warranty to be able to walk back into your local pcworld, argos or wherever and immediately walk out with a brand new replacement if anything goes wrong...
I would choose the G29.

If you want to upgrade from G29 at a later date, I would go for a direct drive wheel.

I would also allow for a rig or something to connect your wheel/pedals to in your budget.

For being able to walk in to your local pcworld or argos or wherever and pickup a G29, and also have the logitech 2 year warranty to be able to walk back into your local pcworld, argos or wherever and immediately walk out with a brand new replacement if anything goes wrong...
I would choose the G29.

If you want to upgrade from G29 at a later date, I would go for a direct drive wheel.

I would also allow for a rig or something to connect your wheel/pedals to in your budget.

I dont think there is any direct drive wheel available in PS4/XB1 atm.

I dont think there is any direct drive wheel avaliably in PS4/XB1 atm.

Thanks Guys, JulesDennis that was one question I was about to ask as well. Thanks

I had the choice, and I chose the G29. Mostly because of all the complaints I've read about Thrustmaster wheels.

...and the G29 was $200 off thanks to black friday.

I dont think there is any direct drive wheel avaliably in PS4/XB1 atm.

Thanks Guys, JulesDennis that was one question I was about to ask as well. Thanks

There is a "hardware" section in these forums mate to get a lot of info and help :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/sim-racing-hardware.163/

With that said:
TM300 is better in terms of FFB because of its wheelbase.
G29 is older tech but the pedals are better compared to the basic 2-pedal set you get from the T300RS.
Most people would get G29 because of its price tag.
T300 users usually upgrade their pedals to the T3PA set for about another 95-100£.That makes a total of 450£ (almost).
But if you add another 50£ you get the best deal in the market (in terms of overall quality) from FANATEC.
Since your are willing to spend around 350£ the best choice would be the T300 GT edition -no need to upgrade the pedals-.

I'm asking myself the same questions. I liked the T300 + T3PA (i've been able to test it to my local dealer) but this pack is 380€ on Amazon france (300€ for wheel with regular pedals, which seems to be really poor)

On the other hand, the G29 is 220€ (on Amazon too), almost half the price of the T300+t3pa, the pedals might be even better and it's great looking !

At first i was discouraged by some review (old gear tech, etc...) but after reading more, it's seems the FFB difference is not so big (and more a matter or taste than an absolute big difference)

As I drive without helps/ABS, I really want to have a decent brake pedal. I think I may go for the G29 before the price rise up again

I would choose the G29.

Bought mine today and loving it. It feels like it's made of girders, the build quality seems excellent and the feedback is a game changer. Loving the brake pedal too. Put a GTEye spring in a G25 and it doesn't feel that much different but it's early days. I might look at getting another one as I loved the progressive feel but I might be able to get used to it as it is.

Main reason for going with this over the possibly risky T300 (customer service and the risk of a bad batch) is build quality, durability and the peace of mind of a 2 year guarantee. I hear the feedback is better with the T300 but I'd possibly need to upgrade the pedals.

I wish I could help more but it's only my first day with it.

...Now I just wish I knew how to catch a slide. Enough chatting. Back to practising.:lol:

I've got both a T300 and a G29, and have had several G series wheels previously.

The G29 has a massively superior pedal set, the wheels both have their individual strengths and weaknesses; G29 has better button layout and leather wheel rim, T300 has a bigger (better) wheel design but is covered in a nasty rubber (you really need a 599 alcantara add-on rim for it, which is another £150). Neither wheel has a significant FF advantage.

G29's are very reliable if you keep the pedal pots clean (I've had G25, G27 and a G29 over the past 10 years, and they've all been solid). My T300 has been reliable so far (c.1 year), but the fan is quite noisy.

Personally, if I had to choose between them, I'd get the G29.

Yeh but that alcantara ferrari wheel :drool::drool::drool:

I'm just frightened of 'thrushmaster' support, I don't like that getting burnt feeling. :odd:

I'm assuming there is no downside to direct drive except cost and PD lack of support?
I dont think there is any direct drive wheel available in PS4/XB1 atm.

Ah I didn't realise the wheel wasn't even plug and play, the guy with one is using a gimp controller or something.

EDIT - oh it was gimx and simcube?

Last edited:
Thrustmaster customer service is HORRIBLE. I had two of their wheels (Brand new T150's) break within a month. Thank goodness the place of purchase took good care of me because Thrustmaster was doing nothing except wasting my time. Terrible service. Once they acknowledged that the wheels were broke, they would not offer replacement. They wanted me to return them for a 3-6 week repair. This is after I was already without a wheel for several weeks because of their crap product. I now have a G29. The Thrustmaster wheel was slightly smoother, but not worth all the issues. I had the better T3PA pedals with my Thrustmasters, but even they were terrible compared to the G29 pedals. And since upgrading to the GTEYE springs, the G29 pedals are extremely impressive for the money. The GTEYE upgrade is HIGHLY recommended. I know some people have gotten very lucky with their Tmaster wheels, but I sure didn't. I tried giving them a chance to want my business, but they didn't.

Neither wheel has a significant FF advantage.

I really like the informative feedback on the G29 but it does feel kinda clunky with the gearing. The dead zone in the centre feels a bit weird but I'll soon get used to it and the brake pedal is more than good enough for me as it is. I see no need to mod it.

Worth every penny of £200 and I really wish I'd took the plunge earlier.

I've had the T300RS GT since November and haven't had any problems. (I thought there was a problem with the brake activating by itself, but I eventually figured out the DS4 trigger was slightly depressed when it was on my lap. :dunce:)

I just hope it doesn't break until after PD adds Fanatec support and I win the lottery.

I have both, and both have their pluses and minuses. I concur with all the posts in this thread. The G29 rim seems to be tailored for GTS, and the stock TM GTE wheel isn’t. Go figure.

Either way, both wheels are good but I started with the G29 because of horror stories about TM reliability and I had great success with a G27 previously, though my T300 is working just fine after three solid months and many hours of use. I think the first thing to break will be the T3PA pedals (the gas pedal has developed a squeak but still works fine).

If you get the T300 just carefully and religiously follow the instructions when setting it up. Make sure you install and plug everything in the exact order. And make sure to keep the slider on ‘PS4’ if you’re using the PS4!

Back