Logitech G29 paddle gears missing changes.

• Thread starter Dalone
  • 12 comments
Australia
Darwin NT Austr
dlone47
My G29 is starting to miss gear changes or sometimes changes up two gears instead of one.

Changing down is fine, no problems but more and more often I have to double or triple push the paddle to get the next highest gear, which during a race is a disaster.

I couldn't find a specific site here to post this question so hopefully someone can direct me if there is one, or better still, explain how to simply fix it.

My G29 is starting to miss gear changes or sometimes changes up two gears instead of one.

Changing down is fine, no problems but more and more often I have to double or triple push the paddle to get the next highest gear, which during a race is a disaster.

I couldn't find a specific site here to post this question so hopefully someone can direct me if there is one, or better still, explain how to simply fix it.
How long have you had it

The most common fault on the G29 is that one of the wires that go from base to rim breaks. It makes contact most of time for while, so just some missed / random button presses, but then progresses fairly quickly to the wheel failing to calibrate in PS4 mode.

Do you notice that missed changes happen while turning?

Mine began to do that after a while. Upon looking at it, I noticed the button the paddle hits wasn’t depressing all the way and seemed to have worn a bit. I took a piece of double sided tape, slid it between the button and paddle and haven’t had an issue since.

Hold on!! Before you go taking your G29 apart, try this. Turn your DS4 off while you use your G29.

This same exact thing was happening to me (skipped gears or double gear changes). I knew my DS4 had seen better days. I think my DS4 giving phantom inputs from the triggers or analog sticks that interfered with the G29.

Turning my DS4 off fixed the problem for me. Been months now.

Hold on!! Before you go taking your G29 apart, try this. Turn your DS4 off while you use your G29.

This same exact thing was happening to me (skipped gears or double gear changes). I knew my DS4 had seen better days. I think my DS4 giving phantom inputs from the triggers or analog sticks that interfered with the G29.

Why would you need it turned on anyway?

Is your g29 usb fire directly connect to PS4? I had g27 on ps3 connected with usb hub when i got shift misses then changed it direct to ps3 and problem solved. Now my g29 is direct connect to usb port on ps4.

Thanks for the replies fellas, I've been too busy lately to fire up so only saw a bunch today.
How long have you had it
I bought it new when GT Sport came out, late last year I think.

The most common fault on the G29 is that one of the wires that go from base to rim breaks. It makes contact most of time for while, so just some missed / random button presses, but then progresses fairly quickly to the wheel failing to calibrate in PS4 mode.

Do you notice that missed changes happen while turning?
Can't remember if that is the case or not but I don't think so, anyway will check.

I'll try that too.
Is your g29 usb fire directly connect to PS4? I had g27 on ps3 connected with usb hub when i got shift misses then changed it direct to ps3 and problem solved. Now my g29 is direct connect to usb port on ps4.
Direct I think.

OK, some things to try, I'll advise how it all turned out. Too expensive to be buying new ones although should still be under warranty. Mind you I put GTEYE springs in which might kill the warranty.

Thanks for the replies fellas, I've been too busy lately to fire up so only saw a bunch today.

I bought it new when GT Sport came out, late last year I think.

Can't remember if that is the case or not but I don't think so, anyway will check.

I'll try that too.

Direct I think.

OK, some things to try, I'll advise how it all turned out. Too expensive to be buying new ones although should still be under warranty. Mind you I put GTEYE springs in which might kill the warranty.
Just put the back the original springs Dalone to get your warranty.

After Many hours of GTS, My G29 has started missing up and down shifts. Upon examination, my paddles seem to have developed a slight curve, perhaps from my over exuberant shifting? This slight bend lets the shifter paddle make contact with the wheel and prevents the micro switch from being depressed. Any way, I cut a strip from an old credit card, apply a piece of Command strip adhesive and attached it to the shifter paddle right where the shifter paddle and micro switch make contact. Voila, problem solved. The aluminum paddles seem to be soft enough that after many repeated, too hard presses on them that they develop a permanent deformation. Look from the top down at the space between shifter paddle and wheel and see if it touches the outer edge of the wheel before it depresses the micro switch. A straight paddle fully depresses the micro switch before it makes contact with the wheel. Of course one could always disassemble the wheel and straighten the bent paddles (seems like a lot of work). Your results may be different.

Back