Logitech G29 - RA dial not working

• Thread starter gm matthew
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
Bristol
GTP_gmmatthew
With the recent offer from Currys, I decided to upgrade to a Logitech G29 after managing to sell my G27 for £200. Although the G29 worked perfectly fine for the most part, unfortunately the RA dial wasn't working properly; it would only work roughly once per full revolution, and not in any consistent manner. I took the wheel back and got a replacement earlier today, only to find it has the exact same problem. Rather disappointing for a £180 wheel. :irked:

My old Driving Force GT also had problems with the dial, but even after three years of heavy use the dial was working better than those on two brand new G29s.

Anyone else had problems with the RA dial on the G29?

With the recent offer from Currys, I decided to upgrade to a Logitech G29 after managing to sell my G27 for £200. Although the G29 worked perfectly fine for the most part, unfortunately the RA dial wasn't working properly; it would only work roughly once per full revolution, and not in any consistent manner. I took the wheel back and got a replacement earlier today, only to find it has the exact same problem. Rather disappointing for a £180 wheel. :irked:

My old Driving Force GT also had problems with the dial, but even after three years of heavy use the dial was working better than those on two brand new G29s.

Anyone else had problems with the RA dial on the G29?

It might help if you said which system and game your issue is with.

In my case I tried the following.

In PS3 mode on in GT6 the RA button works normally as it should.

In PS4 mode in Project Cars on PS4 it is auto assigned to brake balance and after a slight hesitation each time it is accessed works normally after that touch.

On PC in Assetto Corsa I manually set it to brake balance and it works normally. That's in PS3 and PS4 mode.

Nothing I tried replicates your issue.

It might help if you said which system and game your issue is with.

In my case I tried the following.

In PS3 mode on in GT6 the RA button works normally as it should.

In PS4 mode in Project Cars on PS4 it is auto assigned to brake balance and after a slight hesitation each time it is accessed works normally after that touch.

On PC in Assetto Corsa I manually set it to brake balance and it works normally. That's in PS3 and PS4 mode.

Nothing I tried replicates your issue.

I've been using it on my PC, I've tried Assetto Corsa and iRacing so far. Tried the PS3/PS4 switch both ways; no difference. The problem is that the dial is physically not working properly, and I doubt that anything short of actually opening up the wheel (which would void the warranty) is going to fix that.

After having already replaced the wheel once, I'm currently inclined to just keep the one I've got and use a couple of other buttons in place of the dial. I'm annoyed for sure, but I'm sure I can live without it.

I haven't seen any other reports of G29 dials not working. Maybe it was just a certain batch of G29s that all had defective dials, and I happened to get two from that same batch.

Mine has this also, got it a week ago and when I try it on my PC in both PS3 and 4 modes, the rotary dial works after a few clicks and normally after that but every time i try to make an adjustment i have to spin it more than a click. I might try to get a replacement too

Back