Logitech G29 throttle pedal glitching

• Thread starter Nachowskip
  • 3 comments
Spain
Madrid
Hello everyone.
After having my G29 for arround a year and a half some weeks ago the throttle started glitching. The glitch is more or less like if I was intermittently pressing it at a rapid pace, although in reality I'm pressing it in a normal manner.

I don't know if there's dust on the mechanism or if It is ocassioned by disconnecting the pedal cable from the wheel (since I've had to put it in the box several times).

Does anyone know how to solve it?

Hello everyone.
After having my G29 for arround a year and a half some weeks ago the throttle started glitching. The glitch is more or less like if I was intermittently pressing it at a rapid pace, although in reality I'm pressing it in a normal manner.

I don't know if there's dust on the mechanism or if It is ocassioned by disconnecting the pedal cable from the wheel (since I've had to put it in the box several times).

It's probably the main issue people have with Logitech pedals.

Dirty potentiometers:

Or if they're slightly worse

I'd say it's pretty much what @FPV MIC says above, that the potentiometer on the throttle pedal is dirty (or worn). The video and link will point you out what to do. It's best to clean all the pedals, not just the throttle.

If the problem continues after cleaning one thing extra I'd recommend is to swap the clutch and throttle pedals around. The clutch doesn't get as much use so its "pot" should be in good condition, it'll save you having to find a replacement.

If you do go ahead, be careful with the connections since they are thin wires. And remember to swap the springs around - unless you want a stiffer throttle.

Back