Logitech G29 - Update?

Poland
Koszalin
damianrutkowski9
Good day gentlemens,

I have just bought G29 for my PS4 Pro and I am looking for information how to update its software to the latest version.

I am not sure if it is possible or is it updating automatically through the PS system but for sure it would be good idea to have the latest version of software.

I would be grateful if you can tell me if it is necessary or possible and if so how to carry out this?

Thanks in advance

From another thread...

OdeFinn:

G2x wheels are "dummy" peripheral devices, no brains=no actual controlling firmware inside, only "api control box". All brain is run on host device in form of "firmware driver", on PC you could update your ruining "firmware" as updating your driver. On consoles you can't do that, sony can update OS part driver "firmware" if they will, and software developers can use either way to control wheel, using OS api to wheel or direct commands to wheel, when doing direct commands to wheel it means at their software will act as firmware to wheel, which they can improve/update if they want inside their software.
G2x series physical "firmware" contains only FFB canned effects and FFB direct control api to be used from host=software on console/pc.

Good day gentlemens,

I have just bought G29 for my PS4 Pro and I am looking for information how to update its software to the latest version.

I am not sure if it is possible or is it updating automatically through the PS system but for sure it would be good idea to have the latest version of software.

I would be grateful if you can tell me if it is necessary or possible and if so how to carry out this?

Thanks in advance
The G29 cannot be updated. It's simply plug and play on PS4. The Logitech controlling firmware on PC can be updated though (an application) but nothing on the wheel itself to update.
Hope that clears some stuff out.

Back