Logitech G29 users on Daily Race B 04/05/20 - 10/05/20

• Thread starter GopNet
  • 17 comments
United Kingdom
Barnsley
Hello everyone :) Fellow G29 user here :) could you give me your best quali laps for this weeks Daily Race B at Laggo Maggiore GP ? :) I'm more interested in G29 users to compare my crap driving skills :) but if you have a good time with different wheel then lets hear it :)

to see if there's more to the wheel that I already know

Could you explain that bit?

I'm not being argumentative with you, I just can't see what the wheel has to do with what lap time you put in. Not unless you think your control method is holding you back.

Edit: For the record, G29 user.

Could you explain that bit?

I'm not being argumentative with you, I just can't see what the wheel has to do with what lap time you put in. Not unless you think your control method is holding you back.

Edit: For the record, G29 user.
just want to know if anyone had a time close to top 10 or low 1:55 on g29 :) for how long you had it ? :)

But why does it make a difference what controller they're using? That's all I wanted to know. You could give a top driver a dinner plate and tell them to make brum brum noises and they'd still put in a top time.

Had mine for about 2.5 years but I haven't qualified for a race in forever. I can get into the 55's but I've no idea on the exact time.

If it didn't make a difference then why would people buy high end wheels? I don't find the ffb all that great with the G29 in GTS, especially with GR3 cars.

But why does it make a difference what controller they're using? That's all I wanted to know. You could give a top driver a dinner plate and tell them to make brum brum noises and they'd still put in a top time.

Had mine for about 2.5 years but I haven't qualified for a race in forever. I can get into the 55's but I've no idea on the exact time.

Idk why its so hard to understand. He wants to compare times from the same equipment. Doesnt need to be deeper than that. Im sure higher end wheels would help in some way otherwise why would anybody buy them?

just want to know if anyone had a time close to top 10 or low 1:55 on g29 :) for how long you had it ? :)

@Mistah_MCA uses a G29, and is currently sitting on a 55.107.

I also use a G29, and ran a 55.691 (in a lobby that matches quali settings, not an "official" timed lap) this would put me well inside the top 500 EMEA.

While the FFB of the G29 isn't great in GTS (mine is slightly stronger/more sensitive than most, as the aftermarket rim is lighter than stock) its more than capable of setting top 10 times in the right hands.

I also use a G29, and ran a 55.691 (in a lobby that matches quali settings, not an "official" timed lap) this would put me well inside the top 500 EMEA.

While the FFB of the G29 isn't great in GTS, its more than capable of setting top 10 times in the right hands.
at last some proper response :) thank you :) so now I know how much I have to keep practicing and pushing myself :) thanks :)

While the FFB of the G29 isn't great in GTS (mine is slightly stronger/more sensitive than most, as the aftermarket rim is lighter than stock) its more than capable of setting top 10 times in the right hands.
BTW any mods on yours or stock ? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
at last some proper response :) thank you :) so now I know how much I have to keep practicing and pushing myself :) thanks :)

No worries, mate. As I say, the G29 is more than capable. It does have it's drawbacks. But, you'll reach your limits FAR before you reach those of the wheel.

The main drawbacks I've found, are the brakes. They're not bad. Just, could be better.

I'm running a different wheel. It's about 10mm wider than stock. Lighter too, but I'm not sure by how much. I'll weigh them both when I get a chance.

Yx3vovE.jpg

Pedals are stock. But, I would like stiffer springs in all three.

No worries, mate. As I say, the G29 is more than capable. It does have it's drawbacks. But, you'll reach your limits FAR before you reach those of the wheel.

The main drawbacks I've found, are the brakes. They're not bad. Just, could be better.

I'm running a different wheel. It's about 10mm wider than stock. Lighter too, but I'm not sure by how much. I'll weigh them both when I get a chance.

Yx3vovE.jpg

Pedals are stock. But, I would like stiffer springs in all three.
nice one pal :) probably you can feel the difference in the wheel alone :) especially now when it's slightly wider and lighter :) I often overturn it so I get a lot of squeky tires and understeer :)

In my personal opinion, I think it all comes down to getting the right feel on the FFB settings and knowing the car's behavior as it goes through the track to get the most out of it. My only disclaimer with this is that the G29 is the only wheel I've ever owned, so I have no idea of I'd be better or worse with a higher-end wheel.
My G29 is all stock (no mods).

Idk why its so hard to understand. He wants to compare times from the same equipment. Doesnt need to be deeper than that. Im sure higher end wheels would help in some way otherwise why would anybody buy them?

If it didn't make a difference then why would people buy high end wheels? I don't find the ffb all that great with the G29 in GTS, especially with GR3 cars.

People upgrade for a more responsive, torquier (new word) motor that reacts milliseconds quicker than their old wheel but they're paying for consistency, as in feeling the slide before it's an issue, not speed. Your control of the car and the line you take does that.

If someone (Fraga springs to mind) can use the G29 to set a top 10 time, the G29 isn't the handicap the OP implies.

See above.

I wasn't being argumentative with you. Just pointing out that your wheel doesn't decide how fast you are.

Back