Logitech G920 - Review (from a noob's POV)

• Thread starter mcmatic
  • 20 comments
mcmatic
Hey guys,

After 3 months of using this wheel i came up with the following review:

Feedback is always appreciated and remember that look at it from a noob's point of view :)

Overall:
+ Good and decent entry level wheel and pedals!
- You feel the gear driven system and the wheel is too small for me in diameter.

Cheers,
Mike

I can honestly say that i only have used it within forza 7 for any class up to S class and havent noticed any deadzone.
I will however test this further for future reviews and include it in the video!
This is the kind of questions i wanna receive more often so i can learn and expand ;)

Yesterday the mailman brought me a shiny new thrustmaster TX leather edition ^^

AHA!
Yes i am still a noob :P Yea if I just go straight on a flas surface I feel nothing in the wheel, unless I drive over a ciurb ofcourse.. it might also be because of forza 7... I kno wi should test the wheel on a decent sim... forza motorsport really has a bad relationship with wheels.. :P

I think it's a common problem with this wheel in every sim.

I found a video about fixing this but don't know if it works or not. I'll put it in here today.

Nope; the same as the T300 ;)

The TMX is the same as the t150.

So, i think i will have a great time with the TX as i think it will be a huge upgrade compared to the g920. AND, its the leather edition, not the ferarri one... And i also have the TH8A shifter to go with it :D

Good luck with that. :P

I had 3 t300. All broken.

But if it works, yes it's a really nice wheel. It's a shame that it's so unreliable.

Oh boy, now you are making me nervous :P Yea but i have heard the same.. while the g920 seems to be very reliable!
I will go for a fanatec in the future anyways i think... but i am slowly "stepping up" :)

PC1, now PC2. But on ps4. Probably moving to pc also next year.

But after having the t300 for a few days and having to get back to the controller, it's being a pain! The wheel felt natural instantly. It was a shame it didn't hold.

Hey guys,

After 3 months of using this wheel i came up with the following review:

Feedback is always appreciated and remember that look at it from a noob's point of view :)

Overall:
+ Good and decent entry level wheel and pedals!
- You feel the gear driven system and the wheel is too small for me in diameter.

Cheers,
Mike

I still remember my first wheel. It was the legendary Driving Force GT from Logitech. I am confident if they still made that wheel for this generation of consoles it would sell even better then back when. FFB has not changed that much since those days. Even those old wheels can give the same information as a current €2000 DD setup (less powerfull and more dampened).

Just dont get caught with GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrom) and remember that better gear wont make you faster. The only upgrade that is worthwhile and might make you more consistent is a Loadcell Brake. Once you get one it will be difficult to go back to Potentiometer brakes (like the G920).

Hahaha you are right but honestly, i instantly drove better in my first lap coming from g920 to the thrustmaster tx i got yesterday..
On the g920 s and r class cars were un-drivable for me in fm7..
on the tx i was amazed because i could drive lap without spinning 900 degrees xD

Loadcell brakes will definitly come some day!

Hahaha you are right but honestly, i instantly drove better in my first lap coming from g920 to the thrustmaster tx i got yesterday..
On the g920 s and r class cars were un-drivable for me in fm7..
on the tx i was amazed because i could drive lap without spinning 900 degrees xD

Loadcell brakes will definitly come some day!
G920 should be the same as the G29. I didnt make any significant improvements when i went to Thrustmaster. Perhaps problems with the settings?

Well i highly doubt it im racing right now and got my first ecer 1st spot is a R class race with the wheel.. with the g920 i couldnt even finish 3rd i always left out of frustration... ffb is alot better imo.. or i magically got a whole lot better

Back