Logitech Wheel Questions

• Thread starter Zero
  • 24 comments
GTP_MattyIce
Matthnt
Not new to the forum here but it's been quite a while....coming from the 360 where a wheel was not necessary to be decently quick on Forza, I've been trying the GT6 Demo on my controller and needless to say I'm quite off the pace. Is it worth the extra $$ to go for the G27 wheel instead of the Drive Force wheel?

Honestly ,if you ever touched a g27 or t500rs , your question answers itself ! Definatly worth it !
Also modding at those wheels went crazy past few Years !
My opinion , get a good wheel , be happy , keep racing !
Regards kingklingeling

You should have invested in a Fanatec long ago. Takes both games (forza & GT) to a whole new level. Practice will still be needed though, just don't buy a wheel expecting your times to sky rocket, in fact they may plummet for the initial introduction period, again for both games.

You should have invested in a Fanatec long ago. Takes both games (forza & GT) to a whole new level. Practice will still be needed though, just don't buy a wheel expecting your times to sky rocket, in fact they may plummet for the initial introduction period, again for both games.

I extremely dislike Fanatec wheels. Had 2, both gave me different sets of problems. Does the G27 have a history of overheating or any problems of that nature?

If you want to be sure about overheating, you should invest in the T500, as it comes with a fan.

However, I haven't seen any overheating issues with the G27.

I'm Motarded
You should search the GT5 or hardware section. This topic surely has been covered a thousand times?
I was just about to suggest the same, actually 👍.

I don't know never owned one. My Fanatec has been faultless for three years, never had the need to look elsewhere. I hear the pedal pots occasionally need attention but that's minor. And I heard...literally... that they're quite noisy, the latter is one reason why G27 wasn't an option for me.

You should search the GT5 or hardware section. This topic surely has been covered a thousand times?

I extremely dislike Fanatec wheels. Had 2, both gave me different sets of problems. Does the G27 have a history of overheating or any problems of that nature?
Never really had problems with mine, nor havi I heard a lot of others with problems. It is very noisy, though.

Not new to the forum here but it's been quite a while....coming from the 360 where a wheel was not necessary to be decently quick on Forza, I've been trying the GT6 Demo on my controller and needless to say I'm quite off the pace. Is it worth the extra $$ to go for the G27 wheel instead of the Drive Force wheel?

Short answer Yes,you will be faster in time and it is alot more enjoyable.

The DFGT is a very fine wheel having tried it at a friend,but the shifter and 3rd pedal make the G25 more enjoyable for me .

Get a G25 (might find used ones in great condition if you don't want to spend alot)

Also better move your topic to here

I had some minor overheating issues with my Fanatec TurboS when I was running GT5 at full FFB in game and 100% on wheel It was not a big thing but it was annoying after about 5-10 minutes the FFB would kick out then right back in again causing the wheel to kick a bit from time to time. Took a while to figure it out, later FW versions turned the fans on all the time where they had only been coming on when it starting getting hot but still did not completely go away. I did find that if I reduced the FFB by 25-30% it did not happen.

I use a Fanatec Elite wheel now and there have been no issues with it at all. I am very happy with it on both Forza and GT

When I got my G27 I couldn't keep a stock FD RX-7 in GT5 prologue on the track without spinning in corners.

Now I am much better. (2:20.400 in GTA 2013, may not be super quick but good enough for me.) It is a lot more fun than a controller.

Also better move your topic to here

Thread moved

I went back yesterday and ran a 2:23.0 in the GTA 2013 (but it was invalid because I screwed up at Club Corner, 2:23.8 clean is my time currently) I know I'm losing a lot of time on the brakes while using a controller and I believe I could probably get that time down to the mid 22s.

When GT5 Prologue was out I went and bought a Fanatec, my 3rd one, (I forget which model) after GTP_Earth kept destorying me on Daytona while I was on the controller. Then about a week later my house was broken into and all my PS3 stuff was stolen.

Take the g27. It's silky smooth and very quiet. I used to have a Driving force GT and it was very noisy and broke after just a year. It's also a great deal because you get a wheel made from good materials, a decent set of pedals and a H shift unit.

ive had the g27 for 18 months now, its real leather and steel combo make it sexy and well made and force feedback is bang on.also get yourself a wheel stand pro.folds away neatly, well built,sturdy and highly adjustable.if you want the g27 then you will have to hurry as logitech are discontinuing it and concentrating on pc only hardware

I will echo with the g27. This is my current wheel. In time I will probably upgrade to something higher end, but for now the g27 is great, especially for the price, and there are a lot of mods out there for it. I've not ever had an overheating issue, nor have I ever heard of anyone having one. However, the optic wheel they use has issues, as sometimes they can crack. The stock wheels are plastic, but there is a brass replacement out there. Also, they didnt use any loctite on the screws that are used to secure the optic "eye" for the optic wheel. After some time playing (took all of 3 months for me) the vibrations from th FFB can work the screws loose, creating calibration issues. Its a simple fix though, just pop open the case, remove the screws, add a dab of loctite and replace. Havent had an issue since, and Ive been running the g27 for coming on two years now.

I will echo with the g27. This is my current wheel. In time I will probably upgrade to something higher end, but for now the g27 is great, especially for the price, and there are a lot of mods out there for it. I've not ever had an overheating issue, nor have I ever heard of anyone having one. However, the optic wheel they use has issues, as sometimes they can crack. The stock wheels are plastic, but there is a brass replacement out there. Also, they didnt use any loctite on the screws that are used to secure the optic "eye" for the optic wheel. After some time playing (took all of 3 months for me) the vibrations from th FFB can work the screws loose, creating calibration issues. Its a simple fix though, just pop open the case, remove the screws, add a dab of loctite and replace. Havent had an issue since, and Ive been running the g27 for coming on two years now.

hi, im new here. but would you be able to link me to a guide to do this as my g27 developed some weird calibration issues.

Search this forum for "g27 calibration issues" and you will find a few posts right of the top that will guide you through the process.
I guess it took a little digging. Here

Hi bud, sorry to hear about your g27, can you say exactly how you found out that it doesnt calibrate properly ? when you start up gt5, does the wheel turn hard lock left, then hard lock right, then centres itself ? does the car not drive in a staight line when the wheel is centred ?
hi, im new here. but would you be able to link me to a guide to do this as my g27 developed some weird calibration issues.

I'll echo shoe and add, before ordering the optic wheel, first make sure the mounting screws are snug, it only takes a small amount of looseness to cause an issue. I think mine only turned about an 8the of a rotation. Be sure they are snugged up. And look at the stock optic wheel. inspect it for cracks. they will be hairline, like it was dry rot. If you see none, then the wheel is fine.

G27_17.jpg

These are the mounting screws I mean. make site they are all tight. on the motor and on the board.

mine can get noisy, but only when I rally race. My logitec momo wheel on the other hand. Dog tooth gears are so whiney!

Back