London (new)

• Thread starter BrunoI_SRE
  • 21 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
BrunoI_SRE
So there already is a track based in London but it only features Trafalgar Square, so I decided to create a new version, one that would pass Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and Trafalgar Square, I even think my track has a more interesting variety of corners. It even has a pit-lane.

upload_2014-2-26_21-32-26.png

Last edited:
So there already is a track based in London but it only features Trafalgar Square, so I decided to create a new version, one that would pass Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and Trafalgar Square, I even think my track has a more interesting variety of corners.

View attachment 120747
I agree that there needs to be a new London track. You can't race more than karts at the current one and I for one don't count circuits that don't have pits, lol. There is a real life street circuit that will be in London though around the Olympic park from the 2012 Summer games. It will be the last round of the inaugural season of Formula E, which runs exclusively on street racks. I haven't seen the layout for it yet though.

I agree! Other than Trafalgar Square, I can't identify London with the present layout. It ought to go by more popular spots like Big Ben/Parliament, Buckingham Palace, or Harrods Knightsbridge.

London in GT5 was intended to be longer. PD said the full layout would be released at a later date but it never materialised. If you look down Oxford / Regents St at Picadilly Circus by the last corner, whichever is the the curved road with all grey buildings, it has higher quality 3D modelling which may suggest the circuit was to include that area.

I have always enjoyed London in GT5. In fact I did a single-make Tank Car race there which was a pretty crazy experience.

In fact I did a single-make Tank Car race there which was a pretty crazy experience.
:eek: I expect it was!

I've always liked the London track. London reverse is best I think - there's a better flow to it. Both directions give a great sense of speed whilst racing around them, what with all the the barriers and buildings whizzing past so close too you.
Shame the sound isn't better - just imagine it with all the engine/exhaust noise reverberating off the buildings!

So yes an extended London circuit (with pits) is a great idea.

London in GT5 was intended to be longer. PD said the full layout would be released at a later date but it never materialised. If you look down Oxford / Regents St at Picadilly Circus by the last corner, whichever is the the curved road with all grey buildings, it has higher quality 3D modelling which may suggest the circuit was to include that area.

I have always enjoyed London in GT5. In fact I did a single-make Tank Car race there which was a pretty crazy experience.
I'd like to have a go with the Tank Car in London too, sounds like a bit of a tight squeeze.

Upon request I'll share this layout I made. I originally wanted to make a track around Grand Palais as an excuse to purpose it as a photomode location. They hold a car show there and its just beautiful, but anyway I designed a layout around the building and then I went "Oh yeah, Paris has been in GT before, I wonder where those tracks were located." Surely enough I was working smack between the 2 and didn't know it. :lol:

I think this track is the ultimate street layout. The track technically has 17 turns, I just didn't feel like counting each of the 3 kinks in the narrow chicane on their own. It has plenty of corners primed for passing opportunity and a couple good straights to get the speed up. Yet it also has plenty of old school tight, twisty, technical bits, so it should please everyone. Most importantly it is a good bit wider than the other Paris layouts in enough locations to make it accommodating to a wider variety of cars. The scenery is absolutely stunning too, especially on the run between turns 9 and 10 which is lined with sculptures and beautiful architecture. Seriously, check this place out in street view, Grand Palais is simply stunning.

Grand Palais Paris Circuit Map.png

Also, since it was my original purpose, here's some pics from inside the Grand Palais :cheers:

00_01.jpg grand-palais-french-contemporary-art-fair.jpg 1BDDCE8B22C78F6585281DF4699A5_h498_w598_m2.jpg
1375324-jm16415-jpg_1265796.jpg

no amac500, make a separate thread for it so that it can get some votes from the whole community, not just those who check back to this thread from time to time (and I respect)
:bowdown:

Last edited:
I wish PD had something like this or basically someone to take in all the views, opinions, suggestions and maybe even user generated content in some cases to enhance/patch the game or at least be aware of it, then all of the tracks like this would at least have a chance.

Last edited:
Just kidding.... Maybe PD could make these layouts like the tracks of the races of The Getaway Black Monday, for example...

but the nicest thing would be to have whole cities scanned, and you can draw the route using the track maker (which will hopefully come soon). Then all layouts would be possible without a person moaning (hopefully):bowdown:

If PD tries hard enough it could probably happen, maybe even in GT6, system restrictions aren't that tight, it's more of an excuse. But any way, PD only adds content they are being payed for (e.g. Red Bull, Nissan GT Academy), they even haven't included half the features that they promised, so unless you have load of spare money, you can only hope. But hope as strongly as you can. (as always there is hope, but we are forever disappointed);)

Last edited:
Trafalgar / Santander GP / Rally proposal:

tsLRkxw.jpg

Just saw the Santander/Mclaren proposal for a future London GP and thought it was interesting how it connected onto Trafalgar Square - I feel any GP (which is increasingly becoming more likely) would utilise the Mall/Marble Arch - since they're so near to each other it'd be great in this context to revive London as a much larger complex of circuits, utilising an updated 'Trafalgar' circuit with the addition of a GP circuit and connections to make some new interesting combinations.

'Trafalgar' would have a repositioned start line and a pit lane going through the Square, with connections linking it to the GP circuit, as well as a shortcut around Parliament Square and extensions down the Mall and Piccadilly for different circuit combinations.

In addition (just because this is GT fantasy), a rally track diverting in two parts taking you over the Jubilee bridge, past the London Eye and onto Westminster Bridge (with some remodelling/ramps), then through Downing Street and Horseguards Parade. This track would be really tight but I think it'd be pretty cool to have as a bonkers, gymkhana-like compliment to the main circuit.

There is a real life street circuit that will be in London though around the Olympic park from the 2012 Summer games. It will be the last round of the inaugural season of Formula E, which runs exclusively on street racks. I haven't seen the layout for it yet though.

It has been revealed it will be at Battersea park. I hoped for it to be at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, as I live ten minutes walk away.

Latest Posts

Back