London street course review.

BreakerOhio

Driving the 350z this way through London course reminded me of playing Project Gotham.

I really like the addition of the London street course to Gran Turismo 5. It's courses like this that deliver that sensation of driving fast and reacting to sharp turns. Narrow streets and landmarked areas makes it feel like a get away type of driving as opposed to just circuit racing around a road course. (less)
Added: December 21, 2007

The new London Street Course is one of my favorite new additions to Gran Turismo's course selections.

The review here is to help showcase the track and also by evidence of the video show signs that the game physics have improved. They have improved in such ways that allow me to drive the car through the streets of London in a "Project Gotham" type of way...powersliding the car through the narrow streets. Simulation Mode, MT, all Aids off, and with Logitech G25 wheel and Clutch.

I bring up Project Gotham to get that image in your mind of the type of gameplay driving I will try to mimic. Without the Kudo's tallying up of course.

The London track really shows the graphics and processing engine of the PS3 at work as you take the car around the buildings, the lighting and reflections look true to life. Inside the car, with cockpit view, the lighting dynamically changes as you drive through the course.

Using the G25 and Clutch use in the game, featured towards the end of the video really sets GT5 Prologue on a different level from playing other console driving / racing games like Project Gotham.

Great video and review!

I have to agree with you about the London track;
I only got Prologue 2 days ago and still haven't been able to play much but I think it's the 1st time (not counting GTHD) that we can really control the car in a narrow track; previous GT tracks like Paris night or Capri looked great but you just didn't have as much fun as you'd expect when driving in them... I guess it's all due to the much improved physics

RUI

RUI
Great video and review!

I have to agree with you about the London track;
I only got Prologue 2 days ago and still haven't been able to play much but I think it's the 1st time (not counting GTHD) that we can really control the car in a narrow track; previous GT tracks like Paris night or Capri looked great but you just didn't have as much fun as you'd expect when driving in them... I guess it's all due to the much improved physics

RUI
Thanks.

I totally agree with what you say about really controlling the car in a narrow track. I forgot to bring that up about Paris night and Capri. I will enjoy playing courses like New York, Paris night, Opera, Capri and Hong Kong track more now. Look forward to playing them with the new physics.

Is the "bad" music embedded into the replay; if it is could you turn the music sound off before making video the music just makes the video sound horrible. All I hear is horrible music and very little car sounds other than that it's a nice video.

Don't have Prologue yet (waiting for EU release), so I really enjoyed reading your review.

Very nice driving and sweet setup! 👍

EDIT: to the poster above: what do you mean horrible? Prodigy is (was) awesome! And I think it goes very well with the replay and the way he's driving.

Is the "bad" music embedded into the replay; if it is could you turn the music sound off before making video the music just makes the video sound horrible. All I hear is horrible music and very little car sounds other than that it's a nice video.

You can turn the music up, down or off if you'd like in the options. There are translation screens here at GTP that will guide you if you can't figure the menu out. Just turn everything in the music menu off. Personally I don't want to hear music while driving, I want to hear the engine and in GT5 lots of tire squeal :) In RL I always listen to music while driving in my Acura TL or Mini S, but I don't have any music on when driving my Chevelle, the rumble of a V8 with headers and Flowmaster exhaust is better then any music :) I also drive it with all windows down for maximun sound. The neighbors don't much care for it when I take the Chevy out :)

...but I don't have any music on when driving my Chevelle, the rumble of a V8 with headers and Flowmaster exhaust is better then any music :) I also drive it with all windows down for maximun sound. The neighbors don't much care for it when I take the Chevy out :)

Amen! My dad has a 66 Malibu with a 400hp 383 Stroker and flowmasters and it is a really badass car.

Couple of vids of it:

Idling:

0-100 acceleration:

In the 2nd video, keep in mind that the engine is built to crank all the way to 6500 rpms and dad only ran it to about 5200 in that video. Still has a lot more left in it :D .

My favorite narrow track was Citta di aria, the track I used the most by in GT4P.

London is nice also.

My favorite narrow track was Citta di aria, the track I used the most by in GT4P.

London is nice also.

Aside from the introduction of the Nurb. in GT4, Citta di Aria was also my favorite track as well. A great reminder of those tight, twisty rally stages of the 80's, or even the Mille Miglia and Targa Florio.

I hope to see more of those in GT5.

Back