Long Tracks

• Thread starter delucani
  • 14 comments

Do you think they should include longer tracks and rally races with stages in Gt4?

• Yes, they need to add more variety to Gt4.

Votes: 34 91.9%
  • No I like it just the way it is.

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
How many people think it would be better to have some longer tracks thrown into Gran Turismo 4 such as Nürburgring. I think it would be could if Gt4 had the tradition short 3-5 mile lap tracks but if PD threw in a few longer tracks such as Nürburgring which I believe is 15 miles around that would allow for more racing variety. Also with regard to the Rally Races. I am not too familiar with the WRC or other racing organizations but dont they race through different stages as part of one long race. I have never seen a rally race where they race around in a big circle, unless you call "mud truck" racing rally racing. I mean how can they call it a "driving simulator" if the races are incorrectly set up. Just a thought.

I hate long tracks, so I don't want them. They're too boring. I like short tracks with a lot of turns and chicanes. Now that's fun.

I hope the Mini Ring and MotorSports Land tracks return in GT4. They were short and fun.

You like chicanes? Are you a big fan of current Formula 1 tracks or something? Those tracks are hideous!!

YES to larger tracks! The best track in GT3 was Complex String, far and away, because it had almost every different kind of turn conceivable. And don't say that track sucks because it's too long. When was it ever used? For testing. You'd only use it for one lap then be done with it. If anything, PD should add one or two variants of the Complex String themed racetrack. Not only is it incredibly challenging, but it makes for fantastic two player races.

And don't think I didn't enjoy Motor Sports Land. That was good fun with teeny autocross cars like Miatas and 1st gen MR2's. It was also the only track that made a Demio seem fast.

Point being, long tracks are the best ever because they are the most challenging. Nailing a six-corner track lap after lap gets a wee bit repetitive.

Originally posted by RoadBeef
You like chicanes? Are you a big fan of current Formula 1 tracks or something? Those tracks are hideous!!

Yes, I like the new F1 tracks. They take control and skill to master, and that's what racing is all about. Well, to me anyway.

And don't think I didn't enjoy Motor Sports Land. That was good fun with teeny autocross cars like Miatas and 1st gen MR2's. It was also the only track that made a Demio seem fast.

The Demio A-spec is fast on any course. That's if you know how to race well.

I stand by what I said before, long tracks suck.

The Demio in GT2 is one of the best FF cars, other than the 1275 GT! That little beast screams and looks the greatest in blue, with black rims. As for longer tracks, thatd be great!

Originally posted by Solid Lifters
Yes, I like the new F1 tracks. They take control and skill to master, and that's what racing is all about. Well, to me anyway.
They only take the kind of low speed control that you learn in karting. Every high speed corner is broken by a chicane before it. Jacques Villeneuve called them "aseptic" tracks.
Not really what GT racing is about imo.

Originally posted by delucani
I mean how can they call it a "driving simulator" if the races are incorrectly set up.

It's a real driving simulator because of how the cars drive, not because the rally courses are loops instead of stages.

But I do agree that long tracks are great. I would really love to have the old Nurburgring, as well as LeMans without the silly chicanes on the Mulsanne, the original Sebring course which was 8 miles long, and the old version of Spa-Francorchamp, which was also somewhere around 8 miles long. Those were great great race courses.

Originally posted by delucani
I am not too familiar with the WRC or other racing organizations but dont they race through different stages as part of one long race. I have never seen a rally race where they race around in a big circle, unless you call "mud truck" racing rally racing. I mean how can they call it a "driving simulator" if the races are incorrectly set up. Just a thought.

WRC doesn't rack circuits but there are a few events that do race off road circuits in proper rally cars, rally cross is one but the tracks are a blend of a proper circuit ond off road action but it's usually a track made on a field and made rugged, theres a series that races in Africa where they race proper rally like roads but in circuits 1 car at a time.

Long tracks and short tracks. In GT3 the lap lengths are too similar for the most part. The String and Grand Valley are the only really long ones. SSR11 just seems long. In the short end we have Laguna Seca and Cote.

My current favorite track is Complex String, but tearing around Grand Valley East in a fast car was fun. The right line was crucial to staying onthe track, never mind being fast. On the other hand, make a mistake and you don't have to wait long to have another go. In GT3 I can't imagine having 100 lap hot lap sessions, but in GT2 it was no problem.

I'd really like to see the Nordschleife (old Nurburgring), very challenging, maybe the layout they use now for the 24 hour race that uses the current Formula One track with the old track, that would be fun... one can dream... :(

Originally posted by Buggy Boy
They only take the kind of low speed control that you learn in karting. Every high speed corner is broken by a chicane before it. Jacques Villeneuve called them "aseptic" tracks.
Not really what GT racing is about imo.
But it is what drifting is all about.

Dorifto!!! :D

Back