Longer A-Spec Cups?

SonictheH
One flaw in GT5 is that the tournaments apart from the FGT tournament, were really short. One thing that made GT3 and GT4 a challenge, is how long the cups were and how many laps they were, especially in GT3 professional league with some lasting 10 races per cup, each race being 10-20 laps long.

If GT3 and GT4 did well on the amount of races available, I hope GT6 will be able to make up for how short GT5 was

+1 although it would be nice to have the average lengths steadily increase as you progress through the game with the odd short 'sprint races' thrown in here and there.

However first and foremost I feel there needs to be MORE events, as many or more than GT4 had would be amazing! :)

Yes, I would love longer A-Spec cups. Maybe there should be a length option that you can choose, where the longer the race, the more money you get from completing the race.

I don't understand why there would only be 5 laps at Indy in the American Championship (which only has two races in GT5), where it could be 15-20 laps (for short races), 30-40 laps (for medium length races), or 50-60 laps (for long races). That would make tire wear/fuel mileage a major factor when racing,

Yes, I would love longer A-Spec cups. Maybe there should be a length option that you can choose, where the longer the race, the more money you get from completing the race.

I don't understand why there would only be 5 laps at Indy in the American Championship (which only has two races in GT5), where it could be 15-20 laps (for short races), 30-40 laps (for medium length races), or 50-60 laps (for long races). That would make tire wear/fuel mileage a major factor when racing,

It was kinda ridiculous how some championships are only 1-2 tracks long, even in the Extreme series. all of the extreme series races should have been 5-10 track championships, each with about 10-20 laps, considering they were meant to be the highest difficulty.

I actually still play GT3, just because the game is simply more fun to replay due to the amount of challenges available. Whereas GT5 has too little races available, making offline play repetitive rather fast.

Last edited:
1000% agree.

And the format for each "difficulty" is too basic. 3x3 rows of events with too little races to enter. If anything, the A-Spec races we have in GT5 should be in Arcade Mode. GT6 needs a new system.

i feel like they made gt5 too easy to finish, its like they were trying to appeal to the people who hate long races and only like short sprints or to the over-active 5 year old with a ps3.

I guess i wouldnt mind, but some a-spec championships like the FGT one remains unfinished cause i dont have the time for it, same as those endurance races.. Havent done one yet..

I dont like to put a lot of time
Into one single championship or race. I like to do many things, test new cars, tune buy unlock and play online.. All must be done quickly cause i dont spend hours playing games.. Thus GT5 a-spec seemed ok to me.. Maybe another class like endurance races but for longer and more time consuming challenges.. I dont lnow im just throwing it out there

Let's keep it simple: Make A-Spec like it used to be in GT4. Championships, Single Race Events, Rally Events and they can include the GT5-type of Special events too, but make it so we can repeat them if we want. Also, Liscense tests and manufacturer events need importance in the game again.

So basically bring a GT4 based carreer mode.

Longer races in longer championships would be awesome BUT have the ability to save the progress after a race in the said championship and be able to do other stuff in the game. The worst part of the longer championships in GT4 and the FGT one in GT5 is that once you start, that is all you are able to do in the game.

GT6 needs longer races/race series, yes indeed. Maybe even "seasons" for NASCAR & other race series, the ability to chose full-length or sprint type races should be an option for those who don't have them time or patience.

Longer races in longer championships would be awesome BUT have the ability to save the progress after a race in the said championship and be able to do other stuff in the game. The worst part of the longer championships in GT4 and the FGT one in GT5 is that once you start, that is all you are able to do in the game.

That was very annoying, you couldn't do anything until you where done. IIRC you couldn't even go into your garage? Let's hope that's not the case with GT6.

One flaw in GT5 is that the tournaments apart from the FGT tournament, were really short. One thing that made GT3 and GT4 a challenge, is how long the cups were and how many laps they were, especially in GT3 professional league with some lasting 10 races per cup, each race being 10-20 laps long.

If GT3 and GT4 did well on the amount of races available, I hope GT6 will be able to make up for how short GT5 was

With a save feature there is no excuse for longer races

I would prefer it to be set up as follows

Beginner Events
3-5 laps per race

Amateur Events
7-10 laps per race

Professional Events
14-15 laps per race

Expert Events
20-25 laps per race

Race Car Events (NASCAR, Super GT, F1 etc)
30-40 laps per event

That was very annoying, you couldn't do anything until you where done. IIRC you couldn't even go into your garage? Let's hope that's not the case with GT6.

Yep. As far I remember it was launch game --> get given the option to resume championship or lose it completely. Same as saved enduro progress. Why not just leave it hanging and let us resume it by navigating to that race again?

Barra333

Yea i'd really like if we could save our progress

Being able to save was included in GT3 during the results screen. Some might argue that GT3's championships were too long at times, but we can all agree GT5's a-spec mode was too short in comparison to what GT3 and GT4 did.

Back