Longest lasting car (endurance)

Messages
57
Alright since there are so many English scholars I shall try and ''appropriately" write this. Since I did not see this thread around I thought I would ask. My longest lasting car endurance wise would probably be my Toyota GT1 since it lasts 9 laps on the Circuit de la sarthe track and it's engine does not get so boring and dull after time.
 
Mine would probly be my audi r8,looks good,fast entertaining and my laps on le sartha are7(I think).
 
I only use my F1 for endurances, the only one I didn't was a La Sarthe race (can't remember which one) so my cars "lasting" ability is woeful :)
 
Not used them in an endurance yet, but both the Pescarolo C60-Judd (white 04 model) and the Peugoet 905 are excellent fun, never get bored of those. They also weigh nothing, so I imagine they are very kind to their tyres, and from what Ive heard, this is true.

Long lasting.. erm - well I find it interesting I can do 2-3 more laps of the Sarthe in the F1 car than the AI can...
 
Tested so far: The Mazda 787B does 9 laps/stint at Le Mans, so does the Sauber C9, Audi R8, Bentley Speed 8, Pescy ´04. That is with my setups, and no turboupgrades.
 
how is it possible to get the sauber to last 9 laps on either track? it runs out of fuel even without turbo and it's back tires burn up so fast, same with the 88cv, r92cp, r89c, and jaguar
 
Team666
Tested so far: The Mazda 787B does 9 laps/stint at Le Mans, so does the Sauber C9, Audi R8, Bentley Speed 8, Pescy ´04. That is with my setups, and no turboupgrades.

I was only able to run the Pescarolo (newest one) 8 laps in the enduro before running out of gas. Did you tune the top gear a bunch?
 
M3 GTR Race Car
how is it possible to get the sauber to last 9 laps on either track? it runs out of fuel even without turbo and it's back tires burn up so fast, same with the 88cv, r92cp, r89c, and jaguar

It´s all in the downforce! At Le Mans, I never have more than half on any car. It saves tyres, fuel, and makes the car go faster in a straight line, and on that track, that can´t be bad. And if you want to save your tyres even more, go for TCS 7-8.

Ebiggs
I was only able to run the Pescarolo (newest one) 8 laps in the enduro before running out of gas. Did you tune the top gear a bunch?

Same here, downforcelevels are low, and I always make the gears longer for Le Mans, to get more speed on the straight. If you want to preserve fuel, don´t redline!
 
Team666
It´s all in the downforce! At Le Mans, I never have more than half on any car. It saves tyres, fuel, and makes the car go faster in a straight line, and on that track, that can´t be bad.

Well that explains why I could do only 4-5 laps with the Minolta 88-CV on La Sarthre.:ouch:
Thanks for giving the heads up.
 
I believe the Pescarolo '03 has the best tire wear, so it should last the longest.

HERE is a comparison of LMP cars, so it may help you.

Welcome to GTP.
 
^^but all cars in that comparison are tuned, and by that ,the test is ruined. He even states that the AI 787B does 9 laps/stint, and thinks it´s bollocks. It´s not. Without the extra power, that car will do 9 laps! And the same thing for all the others, without the extra power, they would last longer! All you really do with a stage 4 turbo, is decrease tyrelife and increase fuelconsumption, and thus, even with the extra speed, not render many more laps in the 24hr race! Most of it´s lost in the pits anyway.
 
Yes that is true. I mean I can never get the Sauber c9 to last more than 7 laps, 8 if I am feeling lucky. Even with the longest lasting tires that doesn't do much, I never do a race with anything with more grip than the super hard racing tires because what gets me to race with a car more is the endurance and grip, those are my two things I set my cars for. Mostly grip though because I love making up drastic time by taking the turns better than the other AI cars and I always raise the back a little to give it a little more ''bite'' on the front tires, I mean I seen the Pescarolo 04' with 50 mm in front and 80 mm in back so I raise my car 30 mm more no matter what the front is, kinda stablizes it a little better, especailly since I like to race with slower cars (BMW Mclaren F1, Panoz Esperante, sometimes the Viper GTS-R which by the way can put up a really good fight with turbo stage 3 and can battle against the 2 Pescarolos and has amazing handling/grip). But one thing I don't like, GT4 NEVER shows the opponents tire damage but you can only see the fuel if you are on B-spec or if you are watching the fuel and has anyone noticed, the 2 rear covered cars (R89C and Jaguar XJR-9) Never let you see how they get the tires off the back of the car? They need to fix that.
 
You just unclip the wheel covers on them, they were held on by two or three real quick release clips.
 
Then if it is that simple why would Gran Turismo not show it? I mean they do call it the Best Racing Game as I have heard. I mean it's not a big deal I was just wondering why they would not show it.
 
M3 GTR Race Car
Then if it is that simple why would Gran Turismo not show it? I mean they do call it the Best Racing Game as I have heard. I mean it's not a big deal I was just wondering why they would not show it.
That takes up alot of poly's and they already had a **** load of them during the pitstop anyway, so showing the rear portion coming off would have made the pit stops have alot of space needed for them.
 
the 787.....this is the reason why i love the 787 its endruance. it started in gt3 and carried over in gt4 when i got it used. then of course i bought a new one. but anyway it runs good on tires and when you have old tires it is very forgiving. it won le man for a reason!
 
Back