Look To Apex Not WorkingPC 

• Thread starter Natustell
  • 13 comments
United States
United States
My problem is very simple, but seems to be uncommon. Look to apex is not working. I have tried with and without the -novr launch option. I do not have a head tracker installed.

Most people have the opposite of this problem, look to apex being stuck on. Am I missing something?

From a console user. Look to apex only works in "helmet"" camera, not in any other view. Check that you're using that. You probably already know that you then have options to adjust the settings in the 2nd camera options tab.

For me the head tilt function does not work, I tried putting it at maximum but I dont notice any difference. I'm using helmet camera and look to apex works fine

For me the head tilt function does not work,
Camera tilt or head tilt? Camera tilt should tilt the whole view towards the apex. Head tilt can only be seen when you have the "show helmet" option activated, it tilts the helmet towards the apex (instead of leaving it stationary). Without the helmet showing it does nothing.

Camera tilt or head tilt? Camera tilt should tilt the whole view towards the apex. Head tilt can only be seen when you have the "show helmet" option activated, it tilts the helmet towards the apex (instead of leaving it stationary). Without the helmet showing it does nothing.
Ah, I dont have the helmet option on so that explains

Yeah I think it's a bit unnecessary to have it on. My FOV is allready limited because I'm not sitting in an actual car, right ;)

You guys have it on?

Yeah I think it's a bit unnecessary to have it on. My FOV is allready limited because I'm not sitting in an actual car, right ;)

You guys have it on?
No, I don't use none of the gimmick stuff anymore. I used to when I first got the game but now I have my perfect fov & seat position I prefer it static.

I prefer static (on my small-ish 27" monitor) as I'm looking as I would in the seat anyway- and it doesn't usually match the game. Plus, unnecessary motion on-screen and my head don't always play well together.

Is there a way to increase the look (manual, with buttons) speed in helmet camera? It's much slower than cockpit camera.

Last edited:
Is there a way to increase the look (manual, with buttons) speed in helmet camera? It's much slower than cockpit camera.
No. It's not that much slower, in fact I prefer the smoothness of helmet look compared to the sudden response of cockpit look.

It's a shame the helmet view left to right transition speed isn't adjustable. While I like the smoothness, at times it can be a little slow. It's like the driver has a stiff neck and is being rather cautious with his movements. 😀

I use the look to apex camera since a little while. It took some getting used to but is really helpfull in tight corners (last corner of long beach for example and in COTA the section after the long straight) and also fun because you see more of the interior of the car. It's cool the option is there anyway

Back