Look To Upgrading My old G25 Or Should I Just Keep It.....

what to pick

• Thrustmaster T300rs Gt Edition

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Thrustmaster T-GT

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Fanatec CSL Elite ps4

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • keep my Logitech G25 + CronusMAX plus

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • other

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Canada
montreal,quebec,canada
i need some help, i am playing gt sport with my old Logitech G25 + CronusMAX plus and love it but i am think upgrading but don't what to pick. i may get in play on a pc too soon.

1: Thrustmaster T300rs Gt Edition
2: Thrustmaster T-GT
3: Fanatec CSL Elite ps4
4: keep my money and keep my Logitech G25 + CronusMAX plus

pleas help

I'm running a G29 which from what I understand is more or less the same wheel as the G25, just with more buttons on the wheel, and despite people saying the Thrustmasters and Fanatecs are better I really don't feel like I'm missing anything - in fact I'm having a blast with the G29

If I was going to go all out with a full dedicated sim rig then I would seriously consider buying Fanatec, but as it stands at the moment I'm more than happy with the G29 - in fact the G29 is way better than I honestly expected it would be.

VBR
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

👍

My feeling entirely. Personally I'd recommend that save your money for the rainy day when your G25 packs up. All hobbies come with an element of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) where if you're not careful you end up buying expensive things that ultimately don't bring much to the table.

the one thing that sux with the g25 i cant change fuel map in gt sport
You certainly can, it just takes some creative button mapping. I have the up & down buttons as "select the thing to be adjusted" and left & right as the actual adjustment.

upload_2018-5-24_15-40-23.png

This might help you, as you can tell it's for GT5 Prologue but should work for mapping in GT Sport

So with Christmas a few months away , I need some help I want to upgrade my we own and still don’t know what to pick

So with Christmas a few months away , I need some help I want to upgrade my we own and still don’t know what to pick

If you primarily play on console or at least spend a good amount of time on it, I’d honestly wait another year or two for when the PS5 comes out. I currently use a G27 with a Drive Hub and won’t be upgrading until the PS5 comes out simply because we have no idea what equipment will and won’t work with the new generation consoles. Personally, I’m ready for a big upgrade but I’d hate to spend hundreds of dollars, or even into the thousands, on equipment that I’ll only be able to use for another year or two.

Found a good deal on t300rs gt or should I save for tgt

Whats your budget and whats the deal? Generally the concesus here is do not get a T300. If you have limited budget either get a Logitech G29 or T150. They are more reliable. If you have some more money to spend skip the T300 and get either a TGT, CSL Elite, TS-PC or TS-XW.

Keep it. Quoted my post in the T-GT thread:

If your G29 still works fine, then no, save your money for next gen consoles' wheels.

What the T-GT has over G29 is the rotary dials as that allows you to make quick adjustments in tight online racing situations. But then the G29 already has buttons on the wheel face which can be remapped to the same purpose. The FFB while technically "better" is subjective (myself I prefer the Logitech FFB) and doesn't improve your laptimes dramatically if you're already a fast driver. T-DFB is a gimmick. The pedals are woeful - I use the Ricmotech adapter to plug in my old G25 pedals instead. Build quality and reliability is anyone's guess with Thrustmaster but my T-GT wheel rim is already flaking off its faux leather in some places after only 1 year (my G25 only start to do so after 5 years).

If it's a $500 wheel I would still be on the fence upgrading. But for a $1000 wheel, no way.

It's really a question of WHY you want an upgrade. If you're looking for performance or extra immersion, forget it. If you want to upgrade because you feel it's time you treat your hobby to a new gear, or you're curious and want to feel the difference between belt/gear driven wheels, then do it. I upgraded because I've had my G25 for 8 years, and I'm curious as to whether a belt drive will improve my driving which has plateaued for a while. Long story short, I didn't get a whole lot faster (maybe a bit more consistent), and the FFB took a year to get used to and in some situations like big oversteer moments and drifting I actually prefer the G25. If I had known in hindsight, I would've just stuck with the G25+Drivehub and saved my money for the Fanatec DD wheel.

If you love your G25, keep it!

I'm one of those people who had a bad experience with the T300RS.

Latest Posts

Back